Chapter 32: Chase, JC, & Evil's Birthdays

Start from the beginning

I was wandering around, looking for the next person to talk to, when somebody came up to me.

"Happy Birthday Chungie~" They said, holding out their arms to hug me.

"Seokcheol oppa~" I whined. "You know I don't like that name."

"Chungie is your nickname and it will always be your nickname." He said.

"Hmpf." I pouted.

The boy I was talking to was Lee Seokcheol. He was formerly apart of TheEastLight but is now a DJ making his own music. He's also one of D.NK's brothers.

"Anyway, how ya doing?" Seokcheol asked.

"I'm doing good." I smiled. "How about you?"

"I'm doing fine." He replied. "How are you and my brother doing?"

"D.NK?" I asked confused. "What do you mean how are we doing?"

"So he hasn't said anything yet." Seokcheol looked down. "Of course not. It's Sunghoon."

"Oppa." I touched his arm to calm him down. "What are you talking about?"

"JC." Seokcheol looked into my eyes as if to tell me something very serious. "What are your feelings towards Sunghoon?"

I smiled, as it was something I naturally did whenever I hear his name. "Your brother's really cool. What about it?"

"Wow." Seokcheol stepped back. "You really must like him if you think he's cool."

"He is!" I exclaimed.

"Jaechung." He said, causing me to glare at him for using my real name. "He's my brother. I've lived with him for his whole life before training. I know what my brother's like, and he's not cool."

"I think so." I looked down, my lips starting to curl at the edges into a smile. "He's sweet and caring, and is always looking out for me, even though I should be the one looking out for him. I remember when he was just this shy boy but now I see him and he looks so comfortable around us."

I looked up at Seokcheol to see he had a small smile on his face.

"You guys made him feel at home." Seokcheol smiled. "That's something Seunghyun and I could never do."

"Oppa that's not true." I corrected him. "Your brother loves you, he misses you a lot and looks up to you guys. While we may be his new family, we could never compare to you guys, his real family."

Seokcheol smiled. "This conversation really went somewhere."

We both snickered.

"But you gave me the information I wanted." Seokcheol said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You proved you have feelings for my brother." He said. "That's all I wanted to know so thank you."

And with that, Seokcheol was gone. I didn't really know what he meant but it did make me think about it all day. Besides that, I had a good birthday and got to see a lot of my friends.

*****

-Monday, May 25, 2020~5:32PM-

~Evil's POV~

I had a plate full of food and I was looking for a place to sit. I found Hikaru and Daehyun sitting at an empty table.

"Mind if I join you guys?" I asked them.

"Not at all!" Daehyun exclaimed.

I smiled and took a seat across from them so I could talk to them easily.

"OMO!" Daehyun suddenly exclaimed. "They're playing my favorite game! I have to go!"

Daehyun got up and rushed to the TV where we had a game console hooked up. Hikaru and I just laughed at the boy.

"So how's your first birthday with RC?" Hikaru asked me.

"It's a lot to take in but I like it." I replied.

"Yeah, we do a lot. It's usually the same thing for everyone, though."

"Well you have so many people so you can't really do anything else."

"Yeah but when you've been around as long as I have, you'll get tired of it."

I looked up at the original RC member and just admired him.

"How did you do it?" I asked.

"Do what?" Hikaru snickered.

"Well I know you're usually this shy thing. How did you get use to it?"

"I was around the longest so when I meet new members, I know they already know who I am and I need to be there for them and make them feel comfortable."

I smiled. "I just want you to know you did a good job."

"Really?" Hikaru asked, a shy crack in his voice. "I was a little nervous with your group."

"Why?" I asked, full of curiosity.

Hikaru's cheeks grew red and he looked nervous.

"I just was."

He looked up at me, nodded once, then got up and walked away.

"Oh, okay." I sighed.

Usually I would have gotten up to find somebody else but I was too sad to. I really wanted to talk to Hikaru but I made him uncomfortable and it saddened me. After a while, Chase came over and joined me. I took that time to ask questions about Hikaru and find out more about him. Since Chase is also an original member, he was a good candidate to ask. I did learn a lot about Hikaru and it just made my emotions change even more, which was already something they did when I was around Hikaru himself. Although it was weird, I still had a good birthday because I liked that all the RC members were together in one room just for me.

~Authors Note~

Hey guys! So unfortunately I wasn't able to have their comeback yet but I definitely will in the next chapter since I've caught up on birthdays. I did have li moments in this which was nice. And ngl, writing JC's description of D.NK made me cry. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed and see you soon with their comeback! Biez!