Chapter 61: Icy Debut & Jaehyun's Uncomfortable Birthday Surprise

Languages:
Korean - Normal Text
English - Bolded
Chinese - Bolded & Slanted
Japanese - Slanted
Thai - Bolded, Slanted, Underlined
Other - Underlined

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Friday, July 28, 2023~5:32PM-

~Jinseo's POV~

"Royal Colors on standby!" The Music Bank staff called out.

We all looked at one another, most of us a little lost due to nerves.

"That means it's time to cheer!" JC exclaimed, sticking her hand out. She looked around to see nobody following her. Then she grabbed Vixen's hand, whom was beside her, and placed it on top of her own.

Evelyn was next to place her hand on top, all of us understanding and following.

"But who is going to say the speech or whatever?" Bella asked, unsure of what to call it.

"Evelyn and JC have done this before." Crystal said. "It should be one of them."

We all looked at Evelyn and JC. JC shook her head ferociously while Evelyn just looked down, both of them not confident in doing it. This was my chance to do what was right.

"I'll do it." I spoke up.

"Unnie, are you sure?" Bomi asked. "Do you know what you're doing?"

"No, but I'm sure." I gave a heartwarming smile.

"I think you're perfect for the role!" Arin chimed in.

I grinned wide. "Thank you."

"Alright then, take it away, unnie." Diamond said.

I took a deep breath before spilling out some words I came up with on the spot. "For most of us, this is our first promotions, our first stage. I know we're nervous, I am too, but this concept couldn't fit a better set of people. Let's go out there and show everyone we're perfect for this comeback and we belong in Royal Colors. RC Icy Blue..."

"Fighting!" Everyone shouted, some of us throwing our hands up and others throwing them down.

We all laughed at the chaos.

"We'll work on that." I said through the laughter, everyone responding in agreement.

"Let's go line up!" JC exclaimed, the first to step to the side of the stage. We all followed as we expected her to know what she was doing.

I smiled at my members but couldn't help but feel nervous about everything.

"That was a perfect speech, unnie." Evelyn said, holding my hand.

I squeezed her hand as I smiled at her. "Thank you."

She smiled back and that's when we were given our cue. We headed on stage and performed our song, my nerves whiping away as soon as I started singing. It seemed the same for everyone else too, making our Icy Blue debut stage flawless.

*****

-Tuesday, August 1, 2023~6:11PM-

~Evelyn's POV~

We walked backstage and started to get our microphones on. Meanwhile, I watched my friend during his hosting job as he introduced the next performance. Once he was done and started walking backstage, I ran over to him.

"Hyeongseop-ie!" I exclaimed, running over and hugging him.

"Evelyn!" He exclaimed back as he saw me, hugging me tight.