No longer in pain-analogicality:familal/angst/fluff

Warnings-character death,angst
Summary- logan and patton adopted virgil when he was 4 years old. Patton was diagnosed with skin cancer when Virgil was age 7. Patton died a year later. How does his husband and child take it?

Logans Pov-

My husband...the love of my life....was gone...patton...the father of my 8 year old son....was dead after being diagnosed with skin cancer. It all happened too fast yet...so slow. Virgil and I had just watched him in a flat line in the hospital. They declared him dead at 8:12 pm. It was about 5 minutes of me just sitting there holding his hand on a chair with my son planted on my lap sobbing in my chest, gripping my shirt. I was silently crying too. I can't believe it...we said we'd grow old together..take care of our son together...yet im alone.

"Sir...it's time to say goodbye." the nurse said sadly, voice singing with pity. "I just lost my husband. The father of my son and you only give me 5 minutes to mourn!" I yelled . I could feel the virgil flinch as did the nurse. "Im sorry sir...i thought it had been longer." The nurse left to give us more time. I looked down at Virgil as he had stopped sobbing and let go of my shirt. He stood up from my lap, tears still dripping down his face. I watched confused as he grabbed Patton's hand and looked at him. "i .....i love you daddy. I'm glad...I'm glad you're not in pain anymore." he sobbed out. I started crying with wide eyes as I watched my son grab his father's hand and cry. I watched as he fell down on his knees crying into his hands. I scooped him up into my hold. He nuzzled his head into my chest as he cried. "Vi...virgil.." I said. He looked up at me and sobbed. "I'm here...it's okay...he's not in pain anymore.."

Time skip

Logans Pov-

It has been about 2 months since Patton's death. It's been hitting me hard, but I can tell it hit virgins harder than anyone. He's been sleeping in Patons cardigan since his death. He also has been sleeping with me at night cause if he doesn't he gets these nightmares where he watches patton die all over again. He's been silent too, he's always been silent, but it's different...he rarely speaks and if you look at him in the eyes you can see the sadness eating at him. I've chosen to homeschool him with the help of my brother roman. I cant send him to school cause i know it will be too much for him. He just lost his dad. Plus we both need each other right now...i need him...he's been the only reason i'm still on my feet. Even if we're not okay when he snuggles into my chest at night I can't help but smile. He has the same eyes as patton. He looks like a mix of us both and it really helps me know that there is still a piece of patton that I can protect.

It's about 9 oclock at night. I'm getting tired so I decided I should probably take Virgil to bed. But i can't find him anywhere. Until I get to my office. There he is reading a book with a..smile. I start tearing up because it's the first time he's smiled since Patton died. He smiles just like patton. "Virgil?" I said quietly so as to not panic him. He looks up from his book. "Ye..yeah papa?" "what are you reading?" i ask "oh um..it's called wonder." "well you seem to be enjoying it, and i hate to interrupt, but it is your bedtime.'' I say smiling. "Ok papa. Um..papa?" "yes star?" "can...can we...tomorrow watch the movie wonder? I'm almost done with this book." he asks hopefully. I have work tomorrow though...but his eyes...for the first time since patton died i see joy. "Of course. Just let me call off work, okay?" He smiles widely at me. He runs over to me and hugs my leg. "Thank you papa." he then races off to brush his teeth.

I'm in bed waiting for Virgil to come in. as he walks in I notice something. He's not wearing patons cardigan. I smile sadly. He gets in bed with me and cuddles up to me. "Papa?" he says looking up at me. "Yes star?" "do you...do you think daddy would be sad if i stopped crying all the time?" he says sadly. My eyes go wide as this is the first time we've talked about Patton since he died. "Son...daddy knows we love him...and it's okay...but i think we both know....he wants us to be happy. He wants us to look back on the good moments with him." "but...i've seen you cry when looking at a picture of him?" "happy tears baby...when i cried i was thinking about our wedding. It was beautiful...I do miss him, but I'm happy he's no longer in pain and when I think of him I think of the moments like adopting you and cry happy tears." "is it okay to cry sad tears papa?" "of course! But we can't do it all the time or we will get slowed down and daddy would want us to keep going...for him." "well...i'm gonna think about the time where you guys adopted me too! That was the best day ever." Virgil says, cuddling into my chest, closing his eyes, sleep glazing over. "I love you papa." "i love you too baby boy. Daddy does too."

A/n- I know I'm doing a lot of angst but again I'm in a dark place and can't talk to anyone so I'm writing it. Love you guys. Oh and I'm still taking requests so um...yea.💙💜