Help-broken prinxiety(at the start) angst/fluff

Requested by a person who wanted to stay anonymous! Thank you!
Warnings-depression, alcohol, past toxic relationship, cigarettes
Summary- after Virgil gets out of a toxic relationship with roman he can't help but believe he isn't able to be loved and starts doing bad habits. What happens when his friends find out about these bad habits?

No ones Pov-

Virgil Black and Roman Prince had been in a toxic relationship for 2 years. They loved each other, everyone knew that, but they fought everyday, they went to bed mad and woke up mad. It was a cycle of fights. They ended by Roman packing his things and moving out of Virgil's apartment. They didn't know what would had happened if roman stayed, but they both knew it was for the best, even if it hurt them both more than anything.

Romans Pov-

It's been about 3 months since Virgil and I ended. It's been hitting me hard. I still love him, and I know he loves me, but we need help. I have anger issues and he has communication problems. He never speaks about what he's feeling and I always yell. I knew if i didn't leave it could have gotten physical. I don't blame him for anything though, i mean...it takes 2 people with 2 different problems to make something toxic. I've missed him a lot but tonight we're all meeting up at Patton's house. Patton is virgil's best friend and one of my close friends. Before i left virgil we said that we would be friends so it wouldn't cause our friends and ourselves more stress. Is it bad that i'm kinda excited to see him? I know this may be bad to say but I honestly hope he's a wreck like me, I would be sad to see him all happy without me you know?

I check the time to see that it's time to go to Patton's house. I know that all our friends are attending like my brother Remus, Remy, Janus, Logan and virgil. God...i can't stop thinking about him, i want him so bad yet...i cant have him till i know we can survive together.

I arrive at pattons house to see everyones cars there except virgils. I make my way to the door and knock. "Roman!!" Patton envelopes me in a hug and brings me inside where everyone is in the living room. I say hi to everyone before asking "where's virgil?" "he hasn't been answering his phone." remy says. "Oh...do you think he forgot or something?" "maybe i was thinking about taking a ride to his place to check on him." Janus says checking his phone again. "Well...if we want we can all go! Like a field trip...except to go check on virgil!" Patton giggles. We all nod in response.

We take Remy's car as it's the only one that can fit us all. As we were driving I asked "has anyone seen a virgil lately? Like how's he doing since... you know?" "i saw him a couple weeks ago...he...he doesn't look good guys...'' Logan says sadly. "What do you mean logi? How does he look?" "he um...well...we passed each other in the store and...it looks..like...he's taken up drinking." we all gasp.

You see virgil's father had a drinking problem so he vowed to never drink and he didn't..until now.
We arrive at virgil's place and get out. Patton being Virgil's best friend or dad as he likes to call himself knocks on the door. Only to be met with silence. We all knock and kinda yell for virgil, but there is no response. Until i realize something. "Guys wait! I still have a key." i hole it up to see everyone looking at me wide eyed. "What? I forgot I had it." we begin unlocking the door only to be met with the smell of cigarettes and alcohol. "Virgil?" Remus asks, stepping in.

We all look for him for a bit and then get to his room. We open it to see him passed out with beer bottles surrounding him. We all get closer to him, all of us tearing up to see his face is red and puffy with tear marks all over it.

"I'll wake him up." says remy as he was the only one who could being as though after his father was arrested for child abuse virgil stayed with remy until he could get his own apartment and was older. "Virge" remy said, shaking him. "Wake up buddy." virgil stirs in bed before opening his eyes and groaning when he sees all of us. He sits up. "What...guys? What happened? What are you do-" he notices all the beer bottles and goes eyes wide and starts sobbing. "Virgil..." I say crying. I sit on the bed with him and hold him as he cries and sobs into my chest.

About 5 minutes later we are all sitting on his bed with me still holding him except he's no longer crying. "Virgil.." Patton says worriedly. "Why? Why are you drinking? And we can smell the cigarettes." "i....i...i..." virgil stutters tearing up. "Hey...calm down answer when you're ready." Janus says, grabbing Virgil's hand reassuringly. "I..when you left." he looks up at me sadly then looks back down. "I felt..like i was unlovable...and it was my fault." we all start tearing up, some of us crying. "Virgil...it wasn't your fault at all. We both need help and it's not our fault that we do. And if you were unlovable you wouldn't have all of us sitting on your bed crying right now.'' I say. "If you were unlovable we wouldn't have driven over here to check on you. If you were unlovable i wouldn't have left so we could get better and be together happily.'' I say crying. "Im...im so sorry!" he sobs. We all huddle up and give him a big hug. "There is nothing to be sorry for... things happen for reasons that we can't control...but we can get help and try to fix it." Logan says. We all nod and continue hugging. "I love you guys." virgil says "we love you too." we all respond.