Chapter 17: Boy Meets Evil

The conference room was all dark and there was only one light on top of the ceiling, surrounding the center table. Each councilor was taking turns in parley, regarding the list that applies to all of the eminent figures.

"I've taken into consideration making new female groups while promoting Momoland," Lee Myung Jae stated.

"But that group hasn't even made a proper comeback since when? Six years ago? Let alone one member to shine, at least you know, Nancy. She's the one who stood out the most," Lee Kyung Bin thought.

"You're only saying that because you're also aiming for the same thing as I do," Lee Myung Jae muttered under his breath in irritation. "Copycat."

"I've decided that Ladies Code should become soloists and a trainee group will make their first debut by the following month," Lee Kyung Bin said.

"You're such a nudnik, but if I were you, I would terminate their contract instantly. Although, you may be quite right about Nancy," Lee Myung Jae sighed.

"Both of you are actually this dull-witted to even think that she can carry on the success for Momoland when there are some who are more exemplary than the others," Hwang U-ram remarked.

"Shut your trap. You think you know better when your current female groups are flopping because you all have been using the same structure, repetition and basic tunes like kids songs. Why don't you give Teddy Park the boot? That guy is becoming lackluster lately, so you should hire new producers," Lee Myung Jae huffed nastily.

"You're one to talk, eh? There's four groups in my agency that will have their biggest comebacks; FireBullet, Emglam, Twenty-1 and Popkon, whereas Baby Titans and Fortune will debut soon, so you should be careful with your words," Hwang U-ram warned icily, pointing his pen towards him.

"What about the three of you, vanguards? What are your propositions?" Lee Kyung Bin asked.

"We will have one male idol from Shimmer that will acquire great assets for our company," Lee Kyung-Soo said.

"Who could that be?"

"We'll let you know ahead of time. We don't want to ruin the surprise," Nam Noori noted.

"Alright, your call. For me, the girl groups will have various changes in terms of their clothing style, vocal lines, choreography and new concepts, so I'm selecting one male idol who will-" Min Sang-ook stated until he got interrupted in the middle of his sentence.

"Sir! We have an urgent situation!" A male voice panicked through the speakers.

"Here, here. What is it?" Min Sang-ook replied monotonously.

"One of the members named Yook Sunghoon from 2B has escaped!" He exclaimed in which the others were taken aback.

"What?! But how?! I thought you had put him into sedation!" Min Sang-ook barked as he became bewildered by looking up at the hologram screen lividly.

"I-I did, sir! I don't know how he woke up and he bolted out of the house. He used the gas bombs to put guards off into sleep. The dispatch couldn't catch up to him because of the sticky substance foisted on the van. It was bubble gum all over it," his deputy explained briefly.

Min Sang-ook shut his eyes closed in chagrin and interrogated slowly. "Alright, so where is he now? Do you know?"

His deputy made a long pause and began to answer timidly. "Um... Uh..."

"Well?!"

"Uhm, no S-sir..."

"Imbeciles!!! Haven't you ever listened to my orders?! If I ever hear another failed mission coming from you, you and the others will be dislodged for good. Do you understand?!" Min Sang-ook yelled indignantly, which made him squirm at the bombarding tone of his voice. The other CEOs continued to stare perceptively at his deputy on the screen without even countering back to what was notified. Still, they find it very mirthful since they can relate to their confederate.