Chapter 7: Her Favorite Things

The computer keys were being tapped rapidly and noisily by Bryan's fingers. He was continually scrolling through the pages and analyzing the maps. It was already 6:00 am in the morning. To his own frustration, no sign of luck for him since it was difficult to find a slight trace of his missing friend.

His hair was disheveled and his grey, baggy shirt had ketchup stains all over, whereas a few stubbles were showing on his upper mouth. The phone reverberated on the right side of his desk, which he peered at the caller, so he slid the green button to answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey, dude. We are outside of your door," Ryung said.

"Yeah. Let us in," Hwan beamed.

"Okay," Bryan bolted out of his chair and pulled the handle to open it.

The seven of them greeted him with a wave and nod. "What up, B?"

Bryan groaned in a cringe, saying. "Oh, please, don't give me nicknames."

"Come on. Where's the fun in that?" Hwan pouted teasingly and placed his arm around his shoulder.

"Looks like somebody didn't sleep the whole night. Did you have a wild party?" Jungkook grinned widely in amusement while Joon-wo and Hwan were stifling their laughter behind him.

"Shut up. You don't have to remind me of my insomnia," Bryan scoffed with his eyes squinting in boredom.

So... Any updates yet?" Jiyoo asked blankly.

"No..." Bryan muttered in exasperation and ranted. "I've been using my sonar and tracking devices to locate her, but nothing came up."

"Have you tried apps or contacted the police officers?" Joon-wo implied.

"The apps? Those are bogus. They don't even work and they lagged easily," Min-Jun commented in discontent.

"I did all of those things, but I guess I wouldn't mind inquiring about a search team," Bryan shrugged.

"Wouldn't it be better if we do this by ourselves?" Taeyun thought in a peculiar way.

"Yeah. Let's try what we did last time," Hwan said eagerly.

"I can't say 'no' to that. But if we cannot handle it, then we call for a backup," Bryan reminded.

"I'm in," Jaesang said.

"I'm in too," Ryung agreed casually.

"Positive yes from me," Hwan chirped.

"Same," Min-Jun murmured.

"Me too," Joon-wo noted, much to Jiyoo's surprise.

"Tae..." He asked as an indication of a request for cooperation and approached his best friend.

Taeyun's arms were crossed and was biting his lips while he was staring at his friends thoroughly. They all waited for a few seconds until he sighed and nodded silently in accordance.

"Yay!" Hwan cheered rapidly, including Joon-wo, Min-Jun, and Ryung. "This is going to be so much fun."

"For sure, right Hyung?" Jaesang took a glimpse of him once more for reassurance.

"No doubt..." Taeyun said neutrally, then he turned his back on them a bit to ponder to himself.

Jiyoo, on the flip side, was observing reaction attentively through the corner of his eyes. He was trying to pry into what was going on in his head. He wanted to question the equivocation that his friend has, but he cannot know for sure.

About an hour later, Bryan and the rest of the guys have been roaming around the places and streets in Seoul. They were all in disguise, wearing black hoodies and sunglasses, so that nobody would recognize them.