Chapter 3: Fresh Start

One Year Later...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

The autumn leaves have fallen once again and everyone is always doing their usual routine. They opened up their small convenience stores, various types of businesses, whether it's finance, health, science, research, and technology. The major ones are selling street foods where others passed by.

Some days they have similar conflicts on the common roads and highways. Of course, they may yell, honk, and throwback curses at each other due to traffic and possible collisions. The crime rates have been slightly decreasing, however, there are certain areas that are usually happening privately.

Concurrently for the K-Pop idols and media in general, most rumors are particularly about dating scandals, drugs, and mistreatments, yet a few companies don't speak up about their statements. They tend to disregard any issues that were targeting them. Therefore, they let other citizens and fandoms assume what they think is true or not.

As for Cha Eugene, he is the type of guy who shows everyone that being friendly does not necessarily mean a person is in a relationship or hooking up with somebody. He may seem cold, but he is known to be loyal and gentle towards his members. Even though he comes across as mysterious and modest, his fanbase is mostly attracted to his handsome face.

"Your real name is Lee Eun-Min, right?" Kang Ho-dong, one of the famous Korean talk-show hosts asked him.

"Yes," Eugene nodded curtly while he was sitting on the armchair, facing him during the interview.

"There is a rumor circulating around the internet about your love life. This sounds to me that you are head over heels with a girl," Ho-dong said, grinning excitedly.

The fans in the audience were hooting and whistling.

"I met her at the Coffee shop last year and we talked things out. Then, I surprised her on her birthday," Eugene described.

"Oh? Her birthday? Was she thrilled to see your gift?" Ho-dong beamed.

"More than that. She told me that she felt happy when she saw me holding the cake," Eugene recalled and added in. "Everyone was singing along before she blew out her candles."

"Aww, she must be a very special lady and a lucky one to have you," Ho-dong smirked teasingly.

"Actually, it's the other way around. You see, she's my childhood friend for a long time and I couldn't be so grateful to be with her," Eugene smiled wholeheartedly as the fans were squealing and gushing in delight.

"Will you tell us her name?" Ho-dong asked eagerly, placing his hands on his desk, and leaned forward in curiosity.

"Uhh..." Eugene paused a little bit and glanced at him and his fans back and forth hesitantly.

"Tell us! Tell us! Tell us!" The audience began to chant where they clap their hands demandingly.

Eugene looked at them in startlement and laughed when he shook his head dismissively. "Sorry, I can't do that. I don't want to put her in the spotlight..."

"Okay. I apologize for that question. We all just want to know her," Ho-dong gestured politely.

"It's alright," Eugene said.

"I know that a couple of netizens will disapprove in terms of the person's status, appearance, age, background, and all those sorts. But at the end of the day, it's not their right to meddle into both of your affairs because it's private. Our perspectives are different from what you two have. There will be obstacles along the way, but I believe you will overcome anything. We all need love at some point, don't you agree?" Ho-dong stated.