A Lotus - Not The Flower Kind

More of what happens at the party....don't forget, Anna's just saw someone she doesn't want to see her....

==========================================================================

Chapter Four:

"What's wrong?" He was pretty unhappy at the abrupt pace I'd ended things. He tried reaching for me, but I backed away, attempting to hide myself.

                "What are you doing?" He stood, walking towards me, grinning.

                "No!" I called. "Stay there."

                "Okay." He was still confused and I didn't blame him. "Why?" Why? Why indeed. As I'd been kissing Skandar, I hadn't noticed a new arrival to the party.

                My boyfriend.

                Well, not my boyfriend exactly, but I didn't know what else to call him and we'd never actually settled on whether we were actually a couple or not. We were on again/off again so often that it seemed pointless to officially declare ourselves in a relationship. Usually, we're together for a few months and then we're not, but we still tend to fool around in the off stages. With his weird Tristan-logic, he thinks that somehow means we are in a relationship, that's if we're fooling around and still hang out as friends (which we do because we both belong to the same friend group). I just though it meant we were friends with benefits, which was cool with me considering I like to continuously flirt and hook up with other guys in those off stages. Too bad Tristan didn't agree with me though.

                I figured that's why Tristan was here now. We were in an off stage now and for some reason, unknown to me, Tristan hadn't planned on coming to the party. I'd tried all week to convince him to come - as a friend - and had been unsuccessful.

 Somehow, I figured, Tristan must have found out from someone at the party that I was all over some surfer dude and had come to defend his honour. Typical Tristan. Sometimes, I wished chivalry was dead.

I was in a right mess. How was I going to tell Skandar that the reason I was hiding in the bushes was because of my boyfriend/not boyfriend? I decided I wouldn't.

"Do you want to get out of here?" I asked. Skandar's face lit up at the thought of getting laid. I hadn't meant it like that, but whatever would get us out of here. "I'll take that as a yes. Can you go find Mel and bring her here?" Skandar questioned me with his green eyes, wondering why I didn't go myself. He must have realised doing what I asked was a precondition for sex.

"Sure. Okay." He ventured off looking for Mel. I never took my eyes off Tristan, following him as his blue eyes searched for me in the dark. Luckily, my hiding spot was decent enough that he still hadn't spotted me.

Minutes later Skandar returned with Mel. If possible, she was drunker than before. I was far from sober, but I'd stopped drinking and had stabilised.

I pulled her close to me so I could whisper. "Tristan's here." I felt her twitch. She knew the problem that posed as well as I did. If Tristan got his hands on Skandar, he'd probably beat him to a pulp. "Can you distract him so he doesn't see us leaving?" She nodded by way of agreement. Mel spotted the vodka I'd abandoned and picked it up.

"I'll take this." With that, she left. I hoped she wasn't too drunk and would be able to pull this off.          

"What did you say to her?" Skandar asked. I was pretty sure he wasn't anywhere near as drunk as Mel or me and he was starting to notice something suss was going on. He looked at me with those green eyes. I felt kind of bad lying to him, but I kept doing it anyway.