Meet The Girls

Chapter Two is here :) Until there's some kind  of response, I won't post more - I don't want to work hard on it and then noone reads it.

So yeah. If you want more, you have to let me know.

xXx

=====================================================================

Chapter Two:

When Jen and I disconnected, I threw my phone on my bed and went to my dresser to finish getting ready for heading off. I always did my makeup before my hair, so I opened a drawer with my foundations, bronzers and concealers and chose a light foundation and applied it sparingly. I applied a line of eyeliner along my eyelids and then curled my eyelashes, coating them with a more than generous amount of mascara. I repeated the same with the base of my eyes. I decided against blush or bronzer, instead opting to go for a more natural look. I chose a natural shade of lipstick to compliment my brown eyes and to stick with the simple look I was going for.

                My hair was still damp, so I rubbed some mousse into it before I blow-dried it. My long blonde hair was naturally wavy and I usually wore it down to show off its body and lustre, but I decided I would wear it in a messy up do tonight. I pulled back most of my hair and secured it loosely in place with an insane amount of hairpins. I left some long pieces out so they would fall in wisps around my face.

                I returned to my dresser and sprayed on some Michael Kors perfume. I gazed at my reflection in the mirror in front of me and was very happy with the result. I looked at my clock which told me it was seven-thirty and it was time for me to get my butt moving if I wanted to leave the house by eight.

                To finish my look, I chose black strappy heels and an obscene amount of mixed gold, chunky bracelets. A single necklace adorned my neck, a funky gold chain that fell to about my navel. I quickly chose a purse that would match my outfit, a plain black shoulder and grabbed my car keys from my usual handbag, as well as a lip-gloss, my license and some cash. I frantically rummaged through my dresses to find my phone. Mel hadn't messaged or called me, so called her as I headed out my room and down the stairs.

                "Did you sort it?" I questioned the moment she answered.

                "With a lot of begging and pleading, yes. Just get your butt here before she changes her mind."

                "Done. See you soon." I quickly messaged Jen to tell her drinks at Mel's was a go and stuffed my phone in my bag.

I had reached the bottom of the stairs when I remembered the pot. "Bugger." I ran back up the stairs, hastily swiping the bag from behind the cabaret painting and sprinted back down the stairs again as quickly as I could manage in five-inch heels. I dashed through the living room while checking the new message that had just been sent to my phone.

Great. I was running late and now Jen wanted me to pick her up on my way to Mel's. I replied, telling her I'd be there in ten.

                Just as I was about to walk out the front door, my mother called to me.

                "Mom! I'm leaving! What?" I hovered in the door way. She spoke to me from the top of the stairs. She was dressed in a navy blue suit with her jet-black hair pulled back in a severe bun. Typical ensemble for my mother.