Names and Snakes (Dahlia)

AU: None

Ages (Vanessa, Mia, Dahlia, and Emilia): 16,16,16,15

Prompt: Dahlia talks with her snake about names and why she named him Giano.

Warnings: Cussing,

Written On: Samsung Galaxy Tab E

Date Written: May/26/2020

No Wi-fi til 9:30? No problem! Just use Microsoft word on your Galaxy Tab E! It’s an offline thing! :D

♤♡♧◇

[3rd Person's POV]

Dahlia was spending with her yellow python snake Giano in her room. The two had a very engaging conversation about cacti. Dahlia's door was open so their conversation was listened to by Janus, who simply smiled. The girl and snake often switched between English, and Italian. Dahlia could understand snakes and their hisses, so could her snake father.

“I called thiss bully a cactusss, that wass fun.” Dahlia stated. When communicating with snakes, you must hiss and extend you ‘s' sounds.

“I called this bitchy ssssnake at the sshelter a cactusss too. He kept on making fun of my sscales and ssnores too loud. He fucking ssheds his sskin in front of me becausse we sshared a cage. It wass so god damn annoying, I almosst killed him.” Giano replied in snake English.
“He ssoundsss like a cagna.” Dahlia chuckled.

The two snakes talked about different topics. Scales, bleps, pencils, and stories from their past. They soon got to names. Well, naming each other and meanings. Dahlia's name meant ‘flowering branch’ and there's a flower that shared the same name as her. The Dahlia flower symbolizes elegance, inner strength, creativity, change, and dignity, because Janus and Remus wanted her to grow to be a kind of girl with those traits.

Dahlia didn't let them down.

“Hey, Dahlia. Why did you name me Giano?” Dahlia looked down and smiling, feeling a bit embarrassed.

“Don't laugh, but um.. Giano means Januss in Italian and when I firsst met you, I wass reminded of dad and, he'ss half-ssnake. I wanted to name you after him, but it was too embarrassing. So I named you Janus in Italian, Giano.”

Janus started to cry.

♧♡♤◇

*Yeets you wholesome Dahlia-Janus content and runs*

FATHER-DAUGHTER SNEKS

Word count of one shot excluding authors notes and stuff: 282