Chapter Seven: Ginny

Hermione's POV

It's a new year and I've made a new friend her name is Ginny Weasley. She is a year younger then me but she's very nice.

Since I had no friends my first year I was really glad to have meet her on the train this year. She is a pureblood but she doesn't mind me being a muggle born.

I was siting at my house table sad because Ginny will probably be sorted into Gryffindor with the rest of her family.

"Ginny Weasley." I looked up at my new best friend as the hat was placed on her head. Seconds later the hat yelled, "Slytherin!"

My eyes widen and Ron who is in my year stood up, "WHAT!" I smiled as my best friend came and sat next to me, "Ginny!" I hugged her.

"I asked if I could go to Slytherin to be with you," I smiled and hugged her. "But what about your family?"

"The hat agreed I would be good in Slytherin," I buzzed with excitement. "This is so amazing you can share a room with me," Ginny smiled and nod.

"Great first a mudblood now a Weasley could it get any worst what's it going to be next year a Potter!" I turned to Draco Malfoy, "shut up Malfoy."

I rolled my eyes and turned back to Ginny, "you'll get used to him." She smiled and hugged me again, "I've never had a sister before."

"Neither have I Ginny but I'm glad I have you," I hugged her but we soon had to pull apart to dinner appeared.

________________________________________________________________________________

It is Christmas break and Ginny invited me to her home to celebrate Christmas with her family. This being the first time she spoke to her family since she was sorted.

We walked into the Weasley's front door. "Mum I'm home," a woman with red hair and blue eyes came to the front of the house.

"Hello dear and who is your friend is she another Gryffindor like you?" I looked down, "um I'm a Slytherin Mrs. Weasley." I whispered and the woman's eyes went wide.

"So you are a pureblood?" I shook my head, "no I'm a muggle born." She backed away a bit, "it can't be. Dumbledore said..."

I looked at her confused, "yeah the hat said that I would suit best in Slytherin." The woman grabbed her child, "I'm sorry but you can not spend Christmas with us."

"What!" Ginny got out of her mother's arms, "just cause she is a Slytherin you are going to kick her out?!" The 12 year old was mad and her mother just shook her head, "I'm sorry Ginny but she can't stay."

"I'm a Slytherin too Mum," the older woman's eyes widen. "What? Ginny what are you saying you are a Weasley you belong in the Gryffindor house."

Ginny stood back, "I'm a Slytherin mother Hermione and I are Slytherins." Ginny grabbed my head, "come on Mione we are leaving."

Ginny's mother grabbed her hand, "Ginny do not leave with her or you can't come back again." Ginny turned around, "I wouldn't want a family with people who will chuck someone away because of their heritage."

"Ginny please you don't understand," her mother said but Ginny just turned around and dragged me away.

"You are just like the Slytherin's."