Chapter Five: Wand

McGonagall's POV

"Professor where are we?" The young child asked me. "We are in Diagon Alley where everyone from Hogwarts gets their items," the young girl smiled.

I can not believe this is the child of the darkest couple in the wizarding world. She is so cheery and light.

"Where to first Professor?" I smiled, "to get your money for you." We walked into Gringotts and Hermione smiled at all the goblins.

"We are here to change some muggle money," I told the goblin and he looked down at the child.

"Name."

He stated in a bored tone. "Hermione Granger sir," the goblin's eyed the girl then I hand him money

He changed in then Hermione smiled, "thank you sir."

I still can't believe this is Voldemort's child maybe Dumbledore got it wrong.

We exit the bank and walk to the uniform shop, "this is cool I've never had a uniform before." I smiled, "well at Hogwarts there are four houses Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has a different coloured tie so your uniform is the same except for your tie only your house shares your tie."

She nod, "what house will I be sorted into Professor?" I looked down at her big innocent eyes, "I don't know Hermione only the hat knows." She nod, "okay when do I get to meet this hat Professor?"

"On the night you arrive at Hogwarts," I told her. She will probably be in Slytherin I can see the ambition rolling off of her.

"Done Professor," I looked up to see she was in a Hogwarts uniform. "Wonderful Hermione," I told the little 12 year old.

I gave the shop owner the money and we walked out. "Next is your books," Hermione buzzed at the mention of books.

________________________________________________________________________________

After we had everything but a wand. "So Hermione next is a wand are you excited?" I turned to the 12 year old, "yes professor I can't wait."

We walked into Ollivander's shop, "hello there what can I help you with." I smiled at the kind man, "just looking for Hermione's first wand."

Please don't have the same core as your supposed soul mate. I chanted in my head. Bellatrix's wand was one of two given by the blue dragon heartstring. Please don't have the same core. Please let this be the wrong girl.

Ollivander got a wand out and tried it but it don't work. 349 wands he went through. He looked to the girl then to the last wand case in his hand. "Try this one," he handed her the wand and it glowed picking her as it's witch.

Oh Merlin please don't be- "10¾ inches long, made of vine wood, and possessed a dragon heartstring core. That is a very rare wand only two exist in the world."

"Who does the other wand belong too?" Hermione asked and I glared at the wand maker, "another woman I can't remember her name."

He looked away and Hermione just smiled. "It's okay sir will the wands recognise each other?" He nod and we left the store.