Beyond The Ridge

(PS I will no longer be trying to write accents)

"What do you mean 'what do you mean?' It means what about the avians on the other side? Your side?" Gilbert explained laughing nervously.

Alfred's heart dropped. "I've been the only one for over 243 years. Freedom and I have had the valley to ourselves," he told. Freedom further nuzzled into his neck. "I was raised alone, by Freedom," he finished, motioning to the bird.

"What? No no, there were others. We weren't exactly on good terms with them-"
"Which is why no one has attempted to go over the mountain," Mathew finished, fidgeting with his fingers.
Alfred carefully sat upright. "I'm not kidding guys. What other avians? I'm the only- I've been the only one there for as long as I can remember. Though I'm not too sure if my memory is very reliable, I'm kinda fuzzy up until around 243 years ago. I don't like thinking about it though because it makes me feel like shit,".

Mathew and Gilbert looked at each other carefully. "I'm going to get Arthur," Mathew muttered, turning 180 degrees.

"What?! Birdie hold on Arthur is such a buzzkill and so stuck-up! Don't get him!"

"Well, who do you suggest I get?"

"I don't know! Any other magic-user would do!"

Mathew sighed. "Gil, Arthur is the only one with the correct skillset in our near vicinity. You're going to have to deal with him,".

As the two bickered, Alfred focuses on trying to warm his body up more. He rolled his shoulders and wrists, hearing some popping from his shoulder blades. He rotated his neck a bit while biting onto his lower lip. "Who's Arthur?" He finally asked, the two looking back at him once more.

"One of Mathew's fathers. He's arrogant and annoying, and his cookies taste like shit!"

"Ah- Gil! Don't say that! He's okay when he needs to be," Mathew squeaked. "Hey don't listen to what he says about Arthur okay? I'll be back in a minute," He said as he walked towards the cave opening.
His wings opened to their full wingspan, the gorgeous colors catching the sun before he fell over the edge of the cavern. A moment later he shot back up into sight, speeding off.

"Ah! There he goes!" Gilbert turned back to Alfred.

"So...Why is he getting this 'Arthur' guy?" Alfred asked. He had begun to set himself up during the other two's conversation, and now he was sitting with his back facing the wall. His wings were spread out, drooping onto the modified ledge.

Gilbert had to admit, Alfred had some of the largest wings he had ever seen in his life. They had a lot of avians immigrate through the North to get to the West and to the East. Many had tried to cross the ridge, that was a given. And Gilbert was almost certain that Alfred was the first to succeed in at least 100 years. Even then, he had met or seen almost everyone that had entered the North, and yet. Alfred was at least up in the top 5 biggest wings that Gilbert had seen, right up there with his own brother and that Ivan guy.

"Yo? Are you good? You're spacing out," Alfred asked, rubbing the back of his neck. Freedom hopped onto Alfred's head, snuggling into his blonde locks.

"Hm? Oh! Keseseseseseses! Of course! I was just thinking of what awesome things I could say once Artie gets here! Also, Artie is a magic-user! He's also one of the oldest avians here, and we think maybe since you're here, he can somehow access some information on the South avians!"

"Right right. What do you mean by 'South avians' though?"

"Oh boy. Looks like the awesome me has some explaining to do!" Gilbert walked over, patting the younger's shoulder. "Not to worry, the awesome me will tell you everything you want to know! Keseseseseseses!"