21 | do I look like a cat person to you?

Start from the beginning

Isaia would cut into the conversation every once in a while to support Sonny's opinion that, even if Percy Jackson was better, it can't surpass Harry Potter because Harry Potter is the 'OG'.

They didn't just seem like friends anymore, or people trying to adjust to a new atmosphere, the seemed like people that had known each other for many years. And for some of them that was true, but not all.

Picking up the glass in front of me, I sipped lightly on the cheap combination that was supposed to an On The Rocks cocktail. But it was an almost empty small bar out of town, so my standards weren't too high anyway.

"So Laura," Someone suddenly said. I glanced up to find Sonny and Luca staring at me intensely. "Harry Potter or Percy-."

"They both suck," I interrupted, flatly.

"Excuse me what-," Sonny said, his eyebrows almost touching his hairline. "How can you say that!"

"Harry is too cocky and acts like he knows everything when even Ron is smarter than him. And Percy Jackson didn't even interest me enough to consider reading it," I said simply, shrugging. Which was true, but also because I preferred sappy romance and dystopian books.

"I-," Luca began, before shaking his head and looking down with a sarcastic frown. "I'm disappointed in your Laura. I thought your taste in books would be amazing but I guess not."

Savien looked away from her phone, lightly slapped Luca in the arm. "Shutup you nitwit. She's right anyway."

"Savien, your opinion about literature cannot be valid or taken seriously when you just spelled especially wrong," Isaia said. I don't know if it was supposed to be a joke because the smirk on his face suggested that, yet the rudeness in his tone didn't.

"Your opinion about my opinion cannot be valid or taken seriously either when you think cauliflower and pineapple on pizza is good," She spat. Sighing, she looked back at her phone. "Now help me finish this you fuckhead."

Isaia looked genuinely offended, crossing his arms and looking away. "No, I don't think I will."

If it wasn't for the fact that I knew what happened actually just happened, I would've thought I was watching a movie. Savien rolled her eyes again but scooted over closer to Ace and Cajes for help now that they finished their arm wrestle and Cajes had won. Yet again.

The barstool next to me was empty, so Isaia sat down, leaning back against the counter with his hands in his pocket. "So, not a big fan of Harry, huh?" He asked.

It took me a quick second to realize he was talking about Harry Potter and not Harry Styles. "He's overconfident-."

"-And you aren't?" Isaia disrupted, raising an eyebrow.

"I have a reason to be-."

"-And he doesn't?"

"Are you going to let me finish a sentence or-."

"-You're such a hypocrite."

Almost choking on my spit, I gave him a disgusted look. "What?" I snapped. I mean I know I can be hypocritical. But being a hypocrite and hypocritical are such opposite things. One means occasionally, and one means all the time.

Rolling his eyes, he glanced away for a second before looking back at me, making eye contact that made my stomach twist. Weird. "Okay so maybe hypocrite is a strong word, but still. Everything you hate about Harry Potter is everything you liked about-," And then he stopped, looking away again like he'd just said a bad word or something.