TWENTY

* * *

And just as the warning bells in Arcade city rang through, Princess Lauren enters the tiniest chamber she has ever seen in her entire life.

While it is true that no matter the odds or circumstance she will seek out justice for her family, live up to her people's expectations and preserve the legacy her family has left her, however at that moment, her plans have been put into an abrupt and indefinite halt. All because she got herself tangled with the most arrogant thieving bandit on earth.

She can't comprehend anymore how she ended up here, but one thing is for sure; she will kill Brad one way or another.

Just as soon as she can sort out her current situation with the panda-fish.

"Isn't this breaking and entering? This must be someone's bed chamber and we're trespassing!" She hissed at Camila who was busy checking every nook and cranny of the tiny room.

After their escape from the Taurean guards, which occured just soon after their narrow escape from the serpentinas, Camila brought her to this tall building made of sandstone.

Then after jumping over a close by building, they ended up walking precariously on a window ledge before dangerously turning a corner. From there, they both entered an open window leading to a narrow hall.

Rounding up another twists and turns inside that building, they ran up the stairs for three more floors to reach the building's top floor. There was an open balcony overlooking the busy streets down below but they didn't linger out there. Instead, the bandit led her to another ledge on the side of the balcony leading to one of the windows at the far end corner of the building.

However, the room they entered can only accommodate one occupant.

And instead of going through the door like a normal person, they snuck through an open window.

"Shush!!"

Was Camila's only reply as she tugged on the dark curtains.

It was almost insulting. In all of her life nobody ever shushed her. Not even her own beloved mother or father.

"Did you just shush me?! First, you steal someone's purse, run from the authorities like the typical bandit that you are, now you're going through someone's room like you own it?? Now you're shushing me?! What are we even doing in here anyway?? What is wrong with you?!"

"What is wrong with you??" The bandit retorted. "Couldn't you just shut your trap for a minute?! Because that's exactly how the guards noticed us! You and your pouty mouth!"

"Pouty?"

"Big mouth!"

"Just because it's pouty doesn't mean it's big! What the f—"

Camila clamped her hand on Lauren's mouth.

She was fighting her off but she's just so strong, pressing her whole body against her, trapping her while she covered her mouth. Pretty much like earlier in the alley where she hid her behind some stall and curtains.

Except now that she's covering her mouth with her hand. She's pushing onto her harder, much harsher
She can't even move her own hands and for a fleeting moment she thought about how would it be like if it was Camila's mouth covering hers instead of her hand.

But for real she's really thinking of punching Camila the first chance she gets. Even if she feels her own body is reacting a certain way at their contact.

As the bandit stopped Lauren's ranting, she heard a rustling sound just behind the closed door, a jiggling of keys and some humming.

"Just shut up and play along," Camila whispers, her raspy voice making her feel some kind of rush, her deep russet eyes boring into hers. Words melted in her brain by simply looking into them.