ten

I gasped. I looked at her with widen eyes.  What did I do? What will everyone think of me now?
She stumbled back and her breath got heavier. Tears were welling up my eyes.
"I-I'm so..sorry." I looked at her and she pointed at me with her index finger.
"W-Why did you slap me?" she sounded annoyed.
"I-It wasn't my intention.."I looked down and the tears were now streaming down my cheeks. I tried to hold in my sobs and succeeded.
She scoffed and grabbed me by my neck.
"Just because I mentioned your fucking past doesn't mean you can lay a finger on me, understand?" she whispered loud enough for me to hear. I only cried harder and harder.
Yibo freed me from her grip and hugged me tight. He patted my head and reassured me that everything is going to be okay but I only shook my head. Yibo sighed and pecked my forehead.
"Let's go hm?" he whispered in my ear. I nodded and we were about to leave but Jia stopped us.
"I'm not done with you."
I stopped in my tracks and turned around to face her.
"W-What now?" I stammered
She smirked at me and came closer to me.
"You don't want me to say more, right?" she whispered
I pushed her away with all my strength.
"W-What exactly do you want from me?"
Damnit Y/N why are you stammering? She looked at me and scoffed.
"Wasn't I precise? I want you to suffer. I want you to feel real pain. This is nothing." she smirked
"Leave her alone, Jia." someone from behind said. We turned around to face the person and I widened my eyes. San appeared in front of us and he looked...broken? Sadness was written on his face. But why? I shook these thoughts away and looked down. I could feel Sans gaze on me but I ignored it.
"Choi San..What a surprise!" she smiled
"I won't repeat myself. Leave her alone." he said a bit louder. Jia was surprised by his sudden actions.
"Werent you the one who bullied her?What happened now? Do you pity he-"
"ENOUGH!" he shouted leaving everyone in shock.
"Yibo. Leave. Take her with you." he ordered. What is he doing?
Yibo only nodded and left with me.

SAN POV

"Why are you helping her so suddenly, huh?Weren't you the one who bullied her? What happened now?" she played with her hair.
I balled my hands into fists and clenched my jaw.
"It's none of your business what I'm doing or not." I looked at her with hate.
She scoffed and came close to me.
"That poor girl..If only she knew what's coming towards her."
"Jia, shut the hell up. What's your purpose?" I raised my voice
"I'm jealous of her. I want her to suffer."
I face palmed myself. Why am I even asking? I turned around to leave but she stopped me.
"If you dont want anything to happen to her then you must do as I say." I closed my eyes and sighed deeply. I turned around to face her. She had that ugly smirk on her face which made me hate her more.
"What do you want?" I said
"Help me get the boy who hugged her."
I snorted and laughed.
"You do know that they're already in a relationship, right?I won't interfere."
She crossed her arms and looked at me in disbelief.
"Oh so they're already in a relationship..Cant wait to break them apart." she mumbled to herself.
I shook my head and left.

I went outside to get fresh air and clear my mind. I sat on a bench which was near the small river we had at our school.  I closed my eyes and relaxed for a moment. The sound of the river flowing made me calm down. I was in deep thought that I forgot everything around me.

Ever since my family left this world I have been feeling miserably.. Why did you leave me mother, father...sister. That snake Jia took your lives and it's my fault.. I wasnt able to protect you and I'm deeply sorry for that.

As I was in deep thought I could feel someone was sitting next to me. I opened my eyes and looked next to me. I saw Wooyoung looking at me with a small smile written on his face. I returned the smile.
"San.." he spoke
I hummed in response.
"I saw what happened earlier. You tried to protect her." I looked down and smiled.
"I tried..but Jia is crazy enough to plan something bad to her."I made eye contact with him.
"I know but we're here to prevent that, right?"
I shook my head.
"Theres no way we can stop her."
"Why are you so pessimistic? Everything is possible. If we dont do anything about it of course we can't stop her."
He was right. But I didn't want to admit it. I was just afraid that I'll do the same mistake again and lose her..like my family.
"I'm just scared."
Wooyoung hugged me tight.
"Everything will be fine. You just have to believe in it. You're strong I know it."
I smiled at his words and hugged him back.
"What would I do If you weren't beside me?"
He broke the hug and looked at me with a blank expression.
"...die?" I chuckled and he did too.
"You're mean." I pouted
"That's why best friends are for." he stuck his tongue out making me laugh.

I'm so glad to have him by my side..