Brooklyn-The pool

Mom and I had just finished going to the spa. We had gotten facials,massages,and our nails done. She had to do some last minute Christmas shopping ,so she left me at the resort for a few hours. My dad died in service three years ago when I was just 14. Ever since then i've been more responsible. After his death mom was very depressed and it took her awhile to get back to her normal self. I had to learn how to make us dinner, do the laundry, and even pick up random side jobs to make us extra money. All while still keeping up my school work. It was really difficult, but once my mom got help things slowly went back to being okay. Now my mom knows she can trust me to take care of myself. Plus I am almost 18. So here I am sitting in the suite by myself. I grabbed the resort brochure off the bed side table and  flipped through the pages until I saw the picture of the indoor pool. It looks like a nice place. It had a jacuzzi and a water slide. 

I grabbed my phone and texted my mom

Going to the pool.

Then I went to my suit case and took out my violet bikini. Once I had the bikini on I put my hair into a ponytail. I left out a few strands to frame my face and twisted them around my finger to create a little curl. Then I grabbed my black cover up , put on my black flipflops , grabbed my towel and phone and went out the door. I was heading towards the elevator when the door next to me opened. A girl who looked my age or maybe a bit older walked out.

" I'LL BE BACK IN A HOUR TREY!" she yelled.

I heard a deep voice say ok. Then she closed the door and turned and looked at me. She was tall with Carmel brown skin and braids.  She was wearing a orange two piece bathing suit that had thick rimestone covered straps .

"Are you going to the pool too?" She asked

"Yea." I answered.

"Cool. Mind if we go together?"

" Sure that's cool."

We walked to the elevator in complete silence.

" My names Sasha." She said once we entered the elavator.

"Oh thats a pretty name. I'm Brooklyn."

"Oh my gosh I've always loved that name!" She said enthusiasticly. " I plan to name my first child Brooklyn."

"Hahahah. Well hey what can I say. It is a great name."

The elevator door opened and we exited.

"So where are you from?" I asked

"North Carolina. We come here every year at this time because my moms job always sends employees from the company on a work retreat, so my younger bro and I come with her."

"Oh that sucks that she has to work during the holiday."

"It does but it give me and my brother a free vacation so" We both laugh

" That is true" I say giggling

"Yea so what brings you here?" She asked

"My mom and I are here for Christmas break. We're from Atlanta"

"Oh cool a mother daughter get away. I bet your dad misses you guys."

My heart dropped at the thought of my dad sitting on the couch waiting for my mom and I to come home. I wish I thought.

"Yea well its more like my mom and I miss him" I say so lowly that she can barely hear me.

Before she can say anything else I open the door to the indoor pool. The smell of chlorine makes my nose tingle. I love that smell. It just makes me want to jump into the water. Sasha and I set our things onto a pool chair and we walk over to the jaccuzi.

We get into the water and my body instantly relaxes. The jets pound against my back giving me a massage.

"Ahh this is the life." sighed Sasha

" Totally." I agreed