Masquerade. Taehyung X Reader. (18+)

I saw him walking by. His hair was as red as the maraschino cherry that was floating atop my cocktail drink. He had black leather shoes and a smooth black tux. He had a mysterious mask, concealing his face, it looked broken in half and was coloured golden. Who was that man? That night, I wore a silky red dress and a gorgeous white Venetian mask with golden floral accents along the edges. We were all gathered in the Charles H. bar at one of the most exquisite hotels in Seoul, the Four Seasons. The lights were dimmed, musicians played a symphony of soft and moody music. How did I get myself here? There were pristine marble floors and extravagant crystal designs built in the ceiling. The chairs and stools were covered in emerald green velvet and the largest seats were made of fine leather. I felt so lonely, on my stool, with my cocktail in hand. I felt helpless, wondering why I agreed to this. My brain was begging me to leave but I actually had to stay. I was shocked at first to see how far rich people will go to have their own type of exclusive fun. This party, or should I call it, ball, it happens once a year. Only about a hundred guests are invited to this overwhelmingly secretive posh event. Why was I here? My best friend Chae wanted to skip so she could go out with her boyfriend, but she didn't want to disappoint her parents. They gave her an invite every year to go to the most hard-to-get-into event ever. So instead of turning them down, she asked me to pose as her. Either way, every year was a mascarade ball theme. She dressed me up, passed me the golden envelope with the invite and threw me in a limo to get there. Needless to say, Chae's family are extremely rich. Her dad is Chairman to one of the biggest companies in South Korea. On my side, I was a young, broke and single college student, all I had were my hopes and dreams. Chae and I grew up going to school together and just ended up clicking. We were very best friends from the start. She was sick of seeing me single, she wanted me to meet someone. But did she ever stop to think that I literally knew no one in this party, and everyone I saw had a mask. How am I supposed to meet someone here ? I guess all girls here only care about how full these men's wallets are. Maybe I should give it a go. Maybe I should try it out. I saw this woman at the bar standing tall with a gorgeous figure, she looked so stunning in her gown and had the most beautiful mask I had ever seen. I wanted to approach her.
- Good evening. I said.
-Hello, dear. She answered poshly.
-I was really hoping I could get some advice from you, seeing as you are probably the most well dressed woman in here...
- Ah thank you, that's so very kind. Did you have something to ask?
-Well, this is my first time here, I don't know how to approach men...I said shakily.
-Well dear, that is quite frankly hilarious. Don't go chasing men, men will come to you. She answered.
-I guess I could...
- But you should know this. Every year, one man is dressed in black, he wears a broken mask and every woman falls to his feet.
-So he's a player? I asked curiously.
-No, no. He's quite the opposite, he's never asked any girl to a dance. I've been trying to get ahold of him for three years and never have I succeeded, not even the most elite of women here have. I wonder why he even comes...

I thought for a second. That was the red haired man that swiftly walked by me earlier.
- Have you ever considered that he might be forced to be here, maybe by his parents or for some other reason? I asked.
-I don't think so. I just wonder when I will be the woman he holds. He's so dreamy, like he's out of a fairy tale. She answered.
-Do you know who he might be?
-Oh no, that's why everyone wears masks here, we aren't supposed to mention our true identities. That's part of the fun and fantasy. Anyhow, I'll be on my way dear, I need to get another glass of champagne.

So I went back to my stool near the bar, sat down and just waited. I looked around to see the beautiful artworks placed everywhere in the room. I felt a stare. I saw him again. There he sat not too far, down in a dark corner in a huge black leather seat, alone. I saw this woman approach him but he didn't even notice her. He stood up, and came walking in my direction. I couldn't believe what was happening. Less than 20 minutes ago, a woman was telling me not to go towards men, that they should come to me. And now, not only was a man coming to me, it was that mysterious cherry red haired man she talked about. I saw him get closer and closer. He stopped dead in his tracks, right there, raised his hand to ask me:
- May I have this dance? He asked in a beautiful soft voice.
I was dumbfounded. What was I to say?
-Yes, you may. I answered, offering my hand for him to take.
I felt everyone stare at us, a sea of Venetian masks were looking our way. I gently placed my hand on top of his palm and he pulled me to the middle of the room where we slowly waltzed around. He spun me around silently, he was a very good dancer. I saw other women trying to change partners so they could be with him, but he held my hand tightly. I could describe him as very manly, his posture and wide shoulders suggested he was the type to stay healthy and work out. His jawline was very nice and defined and part of his lips peaked from his mask, they looked soft and gentle. I was wondering when he would talk to me but it just seemed like he wanted to dance and nothing more. I couldn't see his eyes properly. I was so intrigued, I was raging to just remove his mask and see what this mysterious, odd stranger looked like. The music turned slower inviting many of the couples to slow dance. The man placed his hands on my hips as I wrapped my arms delicately around his neck. I finally heard him whisper in my ear:
-You don't seem like you're used to coming to these kinds of places. He said in a discernibly deep voice.
-Well, it's my first time...I answered.
-You don't act like all of the other women in here.
-What do you mean?
-You're delicate, gentle. You're not overpowering and thirsty for rich men or for sex.
-Is that what people do here?
-If you hadn't noticed, everyone here is single. They meet so they can share wealth and fortune and eventually make greater profits or brand deals.
-Isn't that a little...
-Staged? Yes, obviously. Women don't care who they get with, as long as they get money out of it. And men, they will take whoever they want just for sex. Do you know why I asked you to dance?
-I was actually wondering, why did you ask me?
-Well, you stand out. I've been coming here for three years, mostly because of my parents, but also, to find a mysterious woman. Someone who's like me, who doesn't fit in here. You fit that description quite well, am I right?
-How do you know that's how I am?
-Your eyes, they say more about you than you'd think. They're stunningly beautiful, by the way.
-Well...thank you...But I can't tell if I'm happy that I'm not drinking alone anymore, or if I'm totally creeped out about this whole soirée...
-Then don't. Just dance with me. He said softly.