The Outbreak. Jungkook X Reader (18+)

«The crisis keeps getting worse in Asia as we speak. Due to the enormous crash in the economy worldwide and a deadly virus spreading, tens of thousands of people are moving away trying to find a home here in Canada, in the States as well as in Europe and  Africa. The South Korean government has officially taken part in the program to let uninfected citizens join families elsewhere. They're calling it the SKTP (South Korean Transfer Program). Westerners are fostering children, families and elderly people. The process takes a little over a month. First, the South Korean citizens are tested for the virus, then placed in quarantine for a period of two weeks to make certain they aren't infected. Lastly, they fly to their new homes, elsewhere in the world, escaping the inevitable fall of Asia. Famine, hunger, sickness and poverty have been reaching their highest peaks this week. We are urging the willing and generous families that have the ressources to welcome people into their homes, to offer them a safe space...»

I turned off the TV. These images were shocking. I couldn't believe how bad the situation had gotten and it was so quick to spread.
-Dad!
-What is it, (Y/n)?
-Have you filled in the form for welcoming someone in our house? You know we have a spare room and some people could really use it.
-Yeah well, I sent it out yesterday. We'll receive the person's information and in about a week, they'll be here. You know, we can only welcome one person, we only have one room to offer.
-Well it's more than enough...
I lived with my dad and my stepmom. I was getting really anxious about the situation the world was in. It felt terrible. Everyone was stressed out. Everything was closed off. I had school from home but my parents still went to work on the week days. The virus wasn't here yet, but I had a feeling it would happen sooner or later. At least we could help someone. But I just couldn't imagine how leaving home felt. Leaving your own country behind. I spend my days, my eyes glued to my computer screen, essays, exams, homework, projects. School hadn't changed one bit, I was still as busy as before, not to mention my part time job at the gas station.

The next day, I was minding my own stuff while I had a flash and just remembered we were getting the new person's info. I went to see my step mom who was having lunch in the kitchen.
-Jenna? Did we get anything in the mail about the SKTP? I asked hastily.
-Hmm, yeah, I'm reading it now, it says that our new resident is...wait how to you pronounce that? Gee-one Jong...I can't read it properly. Can't you help, you know a bit of Korean? mumbled my stepmom trying desperately to say it the right way, she pointed at the name on the paper.
-Jeon Jungkook ?! I exclaimed.
-Well, it seems like it...
I've heard of him before. He was a member of BTS, my friend Angel was a huge fan. Obviously, there wasn't only one Jungkook in Korea. So I asked...
- Do you have any other infos?
-Yeah. It says that he was born in Busan on September 1st of 1997.
-Well, there's no way. I don't think it could be him.

I searched his name on my phone and the informations were exactly the same as what my stepmom had just told me. Was it, by any chance, exactly who I thought it was? I was completely shocked. There could be another Jeon Jungkook, born on the same day, of the same year, in the same city, but, just how little were those chances. I still had to wait four more days before he arrived here. My parents would probably be at work since it would be on Friday in the morning. I had to welcome our new guest. I could barely sleep. I wasn't thinking about anything else. Wouldn't it be crazy, if a celebrity was actually living in our house? But I didn't want to drift away from the facts. I shouldn't be excited about this, only comprehensive and have sympathy. No matter who showed up at our door on Friday, whether it be an elderly lady, a small child or a grown man, I had to welcome everyone the same way. This wasn't the time to be star struck, I had to be serious and composed.

I decided to empty the guest bedroom. I made sure our new company had space for all of his things and would be comfortable. I cleaned out the shelves and the closet. The room looked nice, it had light gray walls, black bedsheets and dark furniture. I added scented candles and nice photography books that I liked. A couple more blankets because it was still cold outside, even though it was Spring. I also placed a folded towel and some essentials like a toothbrush and some face wash on the night stand. I finally went to sleep in my own room. I tossed and turned in bed, trying desperately to fall asleep, I was still thinking about his face, the videos Angel had shown me, the pictures in news articles. I couldn't possibly think strait, what if I opened the door, tomorrow morning at 9 am, and it was actually him? How would I react? How would I even address him?