Tape 2 : Pt. two

P R E S E N T T I M E

Sierras pov

Alex was the first to stop coming. He found some other friends. He traded up. We were still friendly in the halls, but that's it. Then it was down to Jessica, Sierra and I. But then, Jessica stopped coming, too. It was only Sierra and I. Back to square one. We all went our separate ways. Or so I thought.

I sigh to myself and then Clay looks over to me confused. He pauses the tape and I just shake my head. "What's she talking about?" He said.

"Jessica and Alex started dating. So, now, they were hanging out without Hannah and I. I was fine with it. I mean...it's life. But Hannah, she...she reacted a little different. I could tell she was hurt" I said.

"But she...she still had you. And me" He said.

"I know. I mean, I probably wasn't uh...I definitely wasn't a good friend or even cousin. But you're right...she did have you" I said.

"But she makes it seem like she lost all her friends. Like she had no one" He said to himself and I look to him.

"This group was different. We hung out all the time. Almost everyday for a good month or two straight" I said.

"Hannah and I hung out too....every so often.  Some time were better than others" He said and I just look to him.

F L A S H B A C K

Clays pov

Hannah and I are sitting outback of the Crestmont movie theater.  It's where the two of us work.  And occasionally we take breaks at the same time and sit outside and eat candy.  Well....I eat candy.  Hannah eats healthy.

"That shit'll kill you, you know" She said looking at my skittles.

"You got a salad from McDonalds, the people who make the Big Mac" I said.

"Are you fat shaming my salad?" She said.

"You called my lunch a murderer." I said then tossed a skittle in her salad chuckling.

"Thank you" She said.

"Anytime" I said and then I saw Hannah's mood change a little.

"Can I ask you a super needy, when did I become this kind of girl question?" She said and I just froze and stared at her.

"Oh my goodness.  Unfreeze.  It's not about my period" She said laughing a little.

"Okay" I said.

"Do you think I could ever be as pretty as Jessica Davis?" She said and I just stared at her.  Why would she ever ask that?  I...I don't even know how to respond to this.

"Great.  Thanks, got it" She said

"No, I...I just....I mean, yeah, Jessica's pretty and all, but you're special" I said.

"Special.  Like retarded." She said.

"Did I say retarded? I didn't say retarded, and I don't think we're supposed to use that word anymore" I said.