Tape 1 : Pt. two

Sierras pov

P R E S E N T  T I M E

I've been struggling a lot recently. Well, just tonight seems to be different. I've been tossing and turning all night. I can't sleep at all. No matter how many times I try to close my eyes, I find myself up again...pacing. I'm pretty much drowning in my thoughts right now. In those tapes. Why is no one suffering consequences for what they did? Does anyone even feel guilty for any of it?

I put my shoes on and grab my keys and I sneak out of my window. I go and get into my car and then instead of ending up where I normally do, I end up in front of Clays house. Yes...Clay. And too my luck, he's sitting out front of his house.

I get out of my car and I make my way up to him and notice he has Tony's walkman and a pair of headphones on.

"You're listening to the tapes" I said and he took the headphones off quickly.

"You...you know about these? What the hell is this?" He said.

"Hannah left them. And yeah, I've listened to them" I said nodding.

"This is...this is more than I can handle" He said and I go and sit down next to him on his front step.

"I know. It's a lot. But, when I listened I had someone with me. It made it a little easier...to have someone with me. So, maybe you should have someone with you" I said and he just looked to me.

"Like you?" He said.

"Only if you're okay with it. I've been thinking a lot and I think I should re listen to them too. But this time....I should do something" I said.

"Do what? How bad are these?" He said.

"I can't....you just have to listen. They're not easy. But, because of that...I wanna get answers from these people in person" I said and he put his head down.

"Am I on it?" He said.

"You have to listen, Clay" I said.

"You really wanna listen to these again?" He said.

"No...but, I need to" I said and he just nodded.

"Okay, then. I started a little. And...I was just about to head to the first location" He said.

"I'll drive. I know exactly where it is" I said and he nodded.

~

You've arrived at my first house in this shitty town...where I threw my first and only party...and where I met Justin Foley...the subject of our first tape.

"Justin Foley? Like your boyfriend? The Justin Foley" He said.

"Yeah...and he's not my boyfriend anymore" I said and he looked to me.

"Oh...I'm...Im sorry" He said.

"Don't be" I said and then got out of the car and looked to the house.

So many great memories in this one...if only I could mean that.

F L A S H B A C K