Not a Dream

It would have been a much more enjoyable dream if she hadn't been so shocked the entire time.

That was the first thing Alexandria Jacques thought as the light pierced through the darkness of her closed eyelids. She squeezed them shut tighter and groaned, rolling over and burying her head in the softness of the pillow closest to her.

Her second thought was about how much she wished she could go back to the dream and relive it. It hadn't been so bad after all, and she smiled softly at the thought of it. The views were beautiful, and the thought of actually meeting Greek mythology was all the more exciting, even if only in her sleep.

Alex's third thought was that this was not her bed, and her eyes flew open and her head shot up at that.

The bed she woke up in was black and red, completely and utterly black, and red.

It reminded her of the bed across from hers in the Co-Ed room they had in the dorms at Greece, the one Eric had set up opposite of hers. He had an obsession with those two colors, and his bedsheets, pillows, pajama bottoms, everything was red and black.

But this wasn't his bed. No, this was so much larger.

This was not her bed either.

The first thing she did was to check herself, sighing slightly in relief at the fact that her clothes were still on. The next thing she did was to rush and throw off the covers, nearly jumping off the larger than king sized bed and landing unceremoniously in her hands and knees. She winced at the impact of her fall, slowly getting up to brush herself off and look around.

That had been a dream, right?

Her answer came when the door to the room swung open, making way for Eric to walk in with concern. "Did you fall Lexi? I swear I heard a thud in here."

Alex approached Eric and caught him off guard when she grabbed his wrist, her voice coming out more as a desperate plea then anything else. "Where in the world am I Eric?"

"Mount Olympus Lexi." He ignored her confusion and stared at her with a quirked brow. "Are you feeling well enough to come with me? I mean, not that your fainting caught anyone off guard, but you still gave us quite a scare, especially Heracles."

He was talking as though this were all normal. If she hadn't known him for the last two years, she would have brushed him aside as insane, or worse. But she knew him, she knew Eric.

Enyo.

She swore under her breath, beginning to pace back and forth while continuing to mutter quietly.

This wasn't actually a dream. This wasn't one, yet it felt nearly impossible to accept it as a reality, nearly. Should she play along with it, should she call the whole thing a bluff and walk off. Actually, jumping out that window in the room didn't seem to be a bad idea at the moment.

Eric simply stared, watching carefully and getting lost in his own thoughts until she finally stopped in her tracks and look up at him suspiciously. "Were you going to take me somewhere?"

Her steady voice snapped him out of his daze and he nodded slowly. "Yeah I was actually. You feeling up to it? You can stay a bit more if you want."

Alex found herself smiling at him despite her situation. One thing she had to admit, no matter how much of a flat-out pain in the butt Eric had become over her time knowing him, she couldn't call him a complete bastard. He too much of a softie for it.

"Look at you being all nice to me. I'm fine. Let's just go."

-

They walked out of the place, a palace she might as well call it.