War

2001 C.E

-

"Just admit you lost Ares!"

Enyo smirked at the frustrated look on his brother's face, the way his fiery eyes flashed blood red was a clear sign of how close he was to losing his temper.

If Ares lost his temper, his plan would work perfectly; it was actually quite a shock that he had controlled himself for so long.

Ares' nose flared and his jaw tickled slightly, then he exhaled slowly and sat back in his seat.

"Who taught you this blasted game anyways Enyo?"

Enyo leaned forward and rested his elbow against the table in front of him, a smile playing at his lips. "Who else could master such a game? Our dear sister Athena of course."

With that, Ares got up abruptly and pushed aside his chair. Yet he still remained controlled, raking a hand through his raven mass of hair, his voice a stable monotone as he spoke.

"I thought I mentioned the fact that we were not going to speak her name here."

Enyo chuckled, waving is hand over the chess board so that it disappeared in a puff of black smoke.

"She's not a ghost you can ignore brother. She exists, loud and clear."

At that exact moment the door slammed open, rattling the swords and armor he had hung on his wall.

"ARES! I swear, if you are the one who stole my spear, I promise you won't make it out of bed tomorrow in one piece."

It was then that Ares, and Enyo sat back to enjoy the show, not even bothering to greet his younger sister due to the fact that she'd probably ignore him.

Whenever Ares was around, she always did. 

And so did Ares. "Just like I said, loud and clear."

Neither of them heard him.

"Athena, get out of my room, get out of my quarters, now."

She defiantly stood under the doorpost, unfazed by his menacing growl. "Not until you return to me my spear."

Ares shot the grey-eyed lady a warning glare, and she returned it with one of her own. They stayed like that for a moment, and Enyo shifted uncomfortably in his seat, clearing his throat in relief as Hermes entered the scene where the three war divines were.

Both Ares and Athena shifted their glances to Enyo, and in response he "timidly" pointed at the messenger.

Once Athena laid eyes on Hermes, her expression darkened all the more. Then Ares and Athena returned to their showdown of death glares.

Ares addressed him without sparing him a glance.

"What is it Hermes?"

He back away quickly, the electric tension was something all divines felt when those two were in the same room, it seemed as if actual sparks flew in the air, and not in a good way.

"Um, Athena? I'm here for sister. She's been summoned?"

She didn't look at him either.

"By whom?"

"Atropos. Our dear Moiraie are asking for you."

That got her, both of them actually. Their eyes locked on him as she raised a brow. "The Moiraie?"

Hermes simply nodded, and with that Athena headed out the door, pausing only to speak to the man whose name she dreaded.

"I won't let you get away with this again. And I do promise you, spear or not, if you begin another war with those mortals, I will stop you Ares."

And she left.

Hermes watched his sister feign calmness as she left before glancing at Ares. "She's not joking. Even if you threw that spear into the depths of Tartarus, she would still stop you.'

Ares grimaced. "You of all people know I don't have it. Who did you give it to?"

The trickster shook his head. "I wasn't speaking to you Ares. I was speaking to him."

Ares followed the direction where Hermes pointed.

Enyo.

The black-eyed divine shrugged lightly. "She didn't even suspect me. I'm wounded. Always after you Ares."

Enyo's smirk remained, even when he was roughly grabbed by the collar and nearly picked off the ground.

"And why would you do that Enyo?" He grinned and Ares seethed. "Don't you want to have some fun Ares? War is in your blood as much as it is in mine, and whatever Athena says, she'll never enter a battlefield without her beloved spear. So, what's stopping us?"

Ares already knew the words that would come out next.

"Let's have a war."