Now

MOUNT OLYMPUS

ARES' PALACE

.

He woke up from his bed with a start.

This was a nightmare, a nightmare that had plagued him for over two decades and he wanted to get rid of it.

Those haunting brown eyes with the blue halos were flooding his every thought.

Every night for those past twenty something years, it was the same. He'd drift off to sleep, see her walking to him, offer him her hand, and smile. She only said one word, the same word every night. Wait.

But this time, that night had been different.

Now. She had said now.

Ares growled, wiping a sheen of sweat from his forehead before flinging the covers off of his body and rushing to the door of his bedroom. "Anyone out there better get in here...now!"

A nymph rushed into his chambers almost immediately, the one Aphrodite had gifted him two centuries ago. By this time, she must have gotten used to his incessant yelling; and like all his other servants, she simply bowed calmly. "How may I service my lord?"

He took a deep breath to hold in his frustration. "Get Morpheus. Find Hermes and get him to bring me Morpheus...either him or Ikelos."

The fiery-haired nymph raised a brow skeptically. "Are you sure you will receive the answer this time my Lord, I mean he's already told you that-."

The glare his amber red eyes gave her silenced her immediately. "Get him here."

She made no facial expression as she bowed once more and walked out, but Ares could practically touch the distaste she had for him, it was nearly palpable. He was the most hated Olympian after all, wasn't he?

-

"Ares, you called for us?"

His eyes flew open at the rasped voice of Morpheus, and he turned to face the ruler of dreams himself.

Had he not been Ares, he would have been intimidated by him. Morpheus looked exactly like his grandmother, same dark skin, same jet-black mass of hair tied to a braid behind his head. But his eyes were blue and not grey, and his bulky stature much more imposing.

He had brought Ikelos with him, and the lanky, pale faced dreamer stood behind his leader with a knowing smile.

"Yes, I did."

"And what may I help you with Ares?" The Olympian seethed. "You know exactly what I want. Tell me who she is, and why have I been dreaming about her for two thousand years!"

Morpheus shrugged. "I have told you before. As long as she says to wait, so you must."

Ares waved his hands impatiently, refusing to hear the same rehearsed explanation Morpheus had been giving him since those blasted nightmares had begun.

"She didn't tell me to wait this time, she said now."

And with that, both Morpheus and Ikelos turned to glance at each other, a quick flicker of surprise passing through their many expressions. Morpheus turned back to Ares with a set gaze.

"Are you sure this time the woman said now?"

Ares grimaced. "Yes."

With that, the monotone look Morpheus sported so often turned into a smile that matched that of Ikelos'. "Well then Ares, I believe you'll be receiving your answers."

-