" Androphobic Love"

Start from the beginning

Maxine came out and spoke to me authoratively yet in a concerned voice
" Have you taken your break?" a bit of her Russian accent coming through.
Guiltily I shrugged my shoulders and averted my eyes from hers. 
"That's what i thought."

You have worked too long today and i have  not seen you eat a single thing.

"I had some tea earlier and a muffin from the cafe",  I reminded her only to be met with another worried glare. Maybe that wasn't the best way of reassuring her.

"Trust me,  you already know  I dont mind working a little late I hate to leave you with all this work alone plus I  have to go back to marie's house  only and she would hate it if I left  you alone with her being sick and all."

Maxine observed me for a few seconds and then pulled me into a warm hug and told me "thank you" for covering up marie's shift even though she knew I myself is dealing with a lot.

She then said to me that although she knew I loved working here  and I was lucky too  due to staff shortage but that did  not mean that I had  to continue working.

"You have helped enough", She said to me

You have been on a till for 6 hours now.
Go home already!

"But its soo boring being alone i tried to protest and change her decision."

Callie, Take a break she came to me and held my shoulders after which she went back behind the counters to prepare midnight orders.

I looked at her for a while and eventually with a sigh I said "See you tomorrow"

" You know we will see you tomorrow ok" she said,  giving me that stern yet playful look. "Take care, Ok?"

Hesitantly I nodded and pulled my coat off the hanger zipping it up. I waved at her and moved out of the shop. A gist of chilly wind immediately rushed to my face so I hid my nose in my coat. I wore my woolen hat over my honey dew hair  and thrust my hands into my pockets seeing the darkened  sky above.

I always found it soo entrancing how the light would hide itself soo early in winters and go late in summers.

I tried to ignore the chilly weather and the cold wind blowing  as I walked through the dark streets.
It was  a quiet area but could be nerving at times when a man walked by me and i tried to think of positives.

It was a beautiful evening.

But just as i was about to reach my home  I  saw a beautiful stray golden cat stuck by the window sill. I helped that cat get out  and adopt her and  name her "Nancy"

Seeing that she was injured I decided to take her home so I picked her up in my arms and started walking.

I was lost in my train of thoughts on how lucky i was to have found her and how much love i would give to her  when my train of thoughts were broken by seeing two men standing nearby.

Men. Dark shadowy men talking and laughing to themselves.

"Come on cally", you can do it I said to myself as I walked further keeping my face downwards increasing my speed pacing onwards nomatter how much  I wanted to run away.

The sound of their conversation grew louder as we grew near.

My heart stammered as we reached the men.

But, all they did was walk past us.
I did not realise I was holding my breath until I could see dark spots clouding my vision. 
I had to take in some deep breaths. Thank God for that  cause my abdomen was paining very badly  andI was  feeling out of breath.