ƎᗡOƆ 𝟸| Still orbiting you

Start from the beginning

"You're right Miss Bae, but again...that's my job."

She pressed her fingers on her temples and asked, "Please continue..."

He smiled at her and nodded, "Sure!"

"So. When was the last time you saw him or felt his presence in your old apartment?"

She sighed and replied, "Dad wasn't there when I came back from the book store. Being a doctor, he usually had night shifts or so...so I mainly don't wait up till late and go to sleep after finishing my dinner and that day wasn't exceptional."

He pointed his fingers at that point and asked, "Wait- what's the time? What time you usually go for dinner and sleep?"

"By 10 to 11 pm sharp. And if I get assignments or some school work to do, then it ends up to 12 and not more than that." The officer was about to ask something when she blurted out before he can, "And I didn't have any assignments to do, on that day."

He nodded when the others kept on sketching out the whole thing in paper and recordings.

"Next one?" She nodded in agreement and he asked, "So...have you seen anything different or suspicious in your house before the cops reached there and might've replaced something like that?"

She tried to remember everything and then started narrating, "First of all, I was sleeping all the while and the cops' acts woke me up. So, I got no time to do or lookout for something like that. Moreover I didn't have any clue about all this before they narrated me everything. And then there are our CCTV cameras to explain all this."

"Hmm...you're right." He nodded. "The last but not the least...why you left Gwangju?"

She took a deep breath and said, "My uncle suggested me to come and stay with them. And...", her tears were threatening to roll down her cheeks, but she continued, "and I wanted to stay away from all the sins he did. I don't want those sins to mark me nor the path of my life."

His expression softened a bit by looking at her weak state, "Oh, okay...", he nodded and smiled as he said, "You can go now. We're done for today."

She tried to show herself all alright when she wasn't!

●●○○○○○○○○

"You don't seem alright, you know?" Seol stated as she looked at her over and over. Haeun was looking at the reeling sight of the city from the window and feeling the cool breeze.

Enough for washing away the depression.

The other sighed and patted on her shoulders before looking away. She knew that her sister needs some alone time to recover from the depression. So, she didn't push her further.

The cab slowly took the direction of a highway. A cool breeze started to replace the warmer one. The sound of the waves could be heard.

The sight became alive...

𝙻𝚘𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐...

1!

2!

3!

"NO!"

The car came to halt with a screeching sound. And the other panicked, "Wh-what- What happened Haeun?"

Without saying anything, she looked at her, and eventually her eyes landed on the iPhone 5C- the new model gifted to her by her father last year. She snatched it from her.

'Dream League' was open in her mobile and the game was about to start. Haneun looked back at her cousin and then did what she never did in her lifetime.

"WHY DID YOU OPENED THIS GAME?!" She yelled at her- the one whom she can never dare to scream at.

Her only cousin, her only sister, her only bestie.

With that she threw it at her and left the car. "Ha-Haeun wait! Haeun! Haeun!"

●●○○○○○○○○

|𝟷𝟸:𝟶𝟶:𝟶𝟶 𝙰𝙼 |

It was midnight already.

Haeun? She's safe and sound. The sister knew that even if she's impulsive with her actions she'll never do anything to trouble others. She came back in time, but without explaining anything just went to her room. The cousin also gave her the personal space she needed.

And now here she's...reading something. A diary that she'd found from that bag her father left to her...

---×××---

𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘢 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘳𝘺 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦....𝘚 𝘗𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳? 𝘠𝘦𝘴. 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥...𝘢 𝘚 𝘗𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳.

𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘐'𝘮 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘢 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦. 𝘓𝘪𝘬𝘦...𝘔 𝘗𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳? 𝘠𝘦𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵!

𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥, 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵? 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦...𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘴 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴.

𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨!

---×××---

"Something surely was wrong with Dad..."

____________________

Guys, please remember the time and dates, ok. Or, else the later parts might seem confusing. Remember I put a date and time in the Prologue as well!

-Nik