Chapter 22 (LUKE)

It's been a long time...so I'll see what I can do 0_0

Shunn's POV

You go get him, girl...

Mira's POV

I whipped out my cell phone, dialing Dan's number.

"Yo, what's up?" He picked up immediately.

"Where's Luke?"

"I dunno."

"Oh. Okay." Speechless, I hung up. I thought they always knew the other's location.

Where could he be...

I closed my eyes tight in concentration, picturing Luke and his background in my mind. Blank. I panicked, shuddering, falling to the floor in a heap.

What if he left me?

What if he doesn't love me anymore?

Why was I so stupid?

Stupid stupid stupid!

I pounded my fists against my head, trying to think of where he could be.

Suddenly, a pair of warm hands grasped mine, stopping me from injuring myself further.

I looked up into soulful grey eyes, a misty silver.

My mouth opened to speak, but nothing came out.

He smiled.

"Going mental again now, are we?"

"Psh. What? Never! Not in a million years!" I recovered from my daze.

"Oh?"

I nodded.

"Ok, since you don't need me anymore, I'm leaving."

He got up, turning around.

"Wait!"

I jumped up from the ground, wrapping my arms tightly around his waist.

Feeling his familiar scent wrap around me, I buried my face in his back, inhaling his sweet pine smell. I recognized that smell.

It was the smell of home.

And suddenly without warning, my tears escaped from my eyes. Sobbing uncontrollably, I finally let my feelings from the past few weeks loose, drenching his back. But Luke never complained. He stood there silently, waiting for me to finish, as the dark wet spot on his T-shirt got bigger and bigger.

I cried until I grew dizzy. Clutching onto his shirt, I finally calmed down. Hiccupping, I sniffled.

"Better now?" Luke unwrapped my hands from his waist, turning around to face me.

Staring into his eyes, I sniffled again and nodded.

"What am I going to do with you..." He murmured softly, almost as if to himself.

"You could keep me..." My eyes pleaded for him to understand my meaning.

His hand, reaching up to brush the hair from my face, froze in midair.

"What?" He looked at me as if he couldn't believe it.

"Keep me." I repeated myself.

"What about..."

"I confused my past feelings with my present ones. I'm so sorry...I really love you!" I started to shout, my voice growing higher and higher in pitch as I became more hysterical.

"Calm down." He placed his hand on my head, willing me to calm down.

My heartbeat slowed.

"So you believe me?"

Pulling me into his arms, he whispered into my ear, "I love you too. And I've never not believed you."

"I'm so glad...what did I ever do to deserve you?" I mumbled against his shirt.

"You know, I'm not sure. You were a bad kid..."

I jokingly punched his chest.

He groaned and doubled over.

"Oh my gosh! Are you ok? I swear I didn't mean you punch you that hard!" I tried to pry him upright.

Pulling me back into his big warm embrace, he grinned at me: a small, crooked grin.

"I was just kidding."

"That wasn't funny!"

"All right, all right." He concurred, then his lips crashed onto mine.