Chapter 20

EEEKKK!! Haha XD thanks so much for all your patience >< its just been test after test after test this week (I'm not kidding XD) and I finally found time to write!! :DDD BUT THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL MY FANS WHO COMMENTED AND VOTED!! :DDDDD

Chapter 20

Mira's POV

Shunn?!?!?

"Why?" I whispered, staring into his eyes.

I just wanted to know why he would hide from me, make me worry, cause me pain. Why...

He just looked at me, his eyes full of things unsaid, but in the end, he didn't say anything. Feeling a little dizzy, I swayed, only to fall into a pair of muscular arms.

I looked up.

Luke.

His caring eyes bore into mine, telling me it was going to be okay. Taking a deep breath, I looked back at Shunn.

"I just want to know...why...please just tell me why..."

Shunn's POV

How could I tell her?

I gave her up so she could find happiness, but I've only brought her pain. Some happiness, eh?

But I couldn't tell her.

I couldn't destroy my best friend's love story too.

Mine might be ruined, but I could guarantee his, at least.

I smiled at Mira, taking in her windswept hair, her blushing cheeks...her eyes swimming with mist.

For the longest time, I stood there, with Hale under my feet whining, knowing something was wrong.

But I didn't speak.

I knew that if I spoke, all my untold feelings would come pouring forth, and everything I had so carefully tried to hide was gone.

Yes.

I admit I'm selfish.

I still wanted to be in her life, so I became Ethan.

With a soft sigh, I averted my eyes, unable to stare at her pain any longer.

Only worse, I knew I had caused her pain myself.

But how could I tell her, "Oh, I washed up on the shore but I didn't want you to know because Luke's in love with you?"

How could I tell her anything that would bring her more pain?

She's been through enough.

Luke's POV

Seeing Shunn's eyes, I knew he was warring with whether to speak.

I held Mira closer in my arms, slightly panicking even though my common sense told me that Shunn wouldn't speak.

He had always been kind.

He always smiled because even when he felt pain because that little girl loved when he smiled.

Mira loved when he smiled.

Yes.

I admit I'm selfish.

I didn't want to lose her.

I didn't know whether I should keep my love intact, or just let Shunn have Mira.

Shunn had lost his mother when he was eight.

His father had been the boss of the criminal world since he was born, so he never really had a father.

That little girl had been the only reason for him to continue living.

Would I really be so cruel as to steal the only thing I had left?

I didn't know.

And I didn't want to know.

Love was selfish, but when it came down to it, there was only one thing that mattered.

If you let someone go and they come back, they're yours. If they don't, then they never were.

Taking a deep breath, trying to calm my jittery nerves, I took a step back from Mira, so I was the same distance away from her as Shunn.

"Mira..." I started, I little unsure, "Who do you really like? Me or Shunn?"

Mira's POV

"I...I..." I stuttered, not knowing how to answer.

Who did I love?

Shunn, who was my first love...or Luke, the guy I've loved since I was eleven?

Closing my eyes, I tried to picture each of their faces.

Taking a deep breath, my eyelids fluttered open, and opening my mouth...

I fainted.

"Mira...Mira..." I heard Dan's voice calling to me.

My eyes slowly fluttering open, I took in my surroundings.

Oh.

I was in bed.

Suddenly, Hale jumped up onto the bed, curling up next to me.

"Where's Luke and Shunn?" I asked, hesitating.

"They left." Dan said, his eyes full of worry.

"Oh."

I felt a sense of relief, but at the same time, a huge feeling of loss overwhelmed me.

Closing my eyes, I lay back on my pillow, thinking of this huge dilemma.

Who did I really love?!?

**********************

ok, ya'll :D For this chapter, plz if you're going to vote, then just say who you're going to vote for (EX: shunn or EX: luke) just one word plz! That ways its easy for me to keep track :D have anything else to say, then write a new comment plz~ haha :) so basically, I'm going to tally up the votes and then we'll see who she ends up with!! :DDDDD

How bout this...i'll give 4 days for voting :D just 4 days left, ya'll! :D Right now's 6:00 pm my time on wednesday, so basically, ya'll have until saturday 6:00 pm to vote! :DDDDDD

Ok. So sue me. Its actually sunday 6:00 but I'm going to a camp and leaving at sunday 10 in the morning and i still have to pack, so I'll post the results later :DDDDD

haha :) anyways, i'm sorry it was so short, but as i've said, too busy ><

and thx for reading and dealing with my blabbering XD

okay, haha :) I've just decided something :) to account for people's change of heart (shunn to luke, luke to shunn yada yada) I've decided to make all the votes before this chapter just 1/2 of their value! :DDDD haha :) which means 2 votes = 1 :) but this chapter (20) will have all the votes at their full value, so remember to vote!! :DDD especially on this chapter!! :DDD

ok. This is awful T_T I'm JUST taking the itsy bitsy time i have left to write this >< I had no idea packing would take this long this time, so there's isn't really time for me to count so I'm actually not going to upload or count or anything until I get back >< And so there's going to be nothing until next saturday...sorry...ugh. The camp is like a week, so feel free to vote, but don't forget to "vote!" :D Thx so much for your patience >< hectic schedule...