First Kiss; Carol and Prince

Carol and Prince

I hum a little tune that's in my head while I'm sitting underneath one of the apple trees, looking up at the beautiful, shining stars. 

It's been a few hourse since that incident at the fair ground with those barrels. To remind you all on what happened, I was with my friend, Isabelle, helping with the decorations, when some barrels came rolling in with great speed. That happened because some boys who were in charge of them didn't tighten the ropes around them good enough and the heavy weight of the barrels snapped the rope and they start rolling away very fast. And I would have been crushed by those barrels if Prince hadn't come running and rescueing. 

But after all that happened, the boys were scolded for not being careful and more cautious with the barrels. They apologized though and they apologized to me, I assured them that I wasn't gonna hold it against them. After all our words were exchanged, half of us, including myself, went back to finish decorating the fair while the other half rounded up the barrels and put them where they were supposed to be. 

After we got all that done, my parents invited some of their friends for a cook-out. They're all currently in my backyard by the fire having a good time while I slipped away and sat under the apple trees. The song I'm humming is one of my favorites by Meghan Trainor. It's called 'Like I'm Gonna Lose You'. I love this song. In fact I love it so much that I end up finding myself singing it aloud.  

"I found myself dreaming, in silver and gold, 

Like a scene from a movie, that every broken heart knows,

We were walking on moonlight, and you pulled me close,

Split second and you disappeared, and then I was all alone,

I woke up in tears, with you by my side, 

A breath of relief,

And I realized,

No, we're not promised tomorrow,"

I get up from my spot under the tree and start walking slowly alongside the trees.

"So I'm gonna love you, like I'm gonna lose you,

I'm gonna hold you, like I'm saying goodbye,

Wherever we're standing, I won't take you for granted,

'Cause we'll never know when, when we'll run out of time,

So I'm gonna love you, like I'm gonna lose you,

I'm gonna love you, like I'm gonna lose you,"

Right now I'm wishing I had a partner to sing the next part which is sung by John Legend. And maybe as we're singing, we'll dance around under the stars. I sigh in delight at the fantasy playing in my head. 

Then, as if my wish was just granted, I hear a familiar male voice singing the next verse. 

"In the blink of an eye,"

I jump and turn around and find Prince walking up to me and singing the song too.

"Just a whisper of smoke,

You could lose everything, the truth is you never know,

So I'll kiss you longer, baby, any chance that I get,

I'll make the most of the minutes and love with no regrets,"

Prince's voice sounds amazing, so.....enchanting. Just like a prince from a fairytale. His name suits him very well. 

"Let's take our time, to say what we want,"

"Say what we want,"

"Use what we got, before it's all gone,"

"All gone,"

"Cause no, we're not promised tomorrow,"

Prince bows slightly and offers me his hand, inviting me to dance. I giggle and curtsy like a lady and place my hand into his and we start dancing and singing together.

(start at 2:07)

"So I'm gonna love you, like I'm gonna lose you,

I'm gonna hold you, like I'm saying goodbye,

Wherever we're standing, I won't take you for granted,

'Cause we'll never know when, when we'll run out of time,"

"So I'm gonna love you,"

"I'm gonna love you,"

"Like I'm gonna lose you,"

"I'm gonna lose you,"

"So I'm gonna love you,"

"Oh,"

"Like I'm gonna lose you,"

Prince is such a great dancer. He moves and leads me along to the lyrics of the song so perfectly, it's like he's a natural born dancer. And the two of us singing together, our voices were singing together in true harmony. This feels exactly like a scene from a fairytale story or movie. Prince is my prince charming and the two of us are singing and dancing together. I never want this to end. 

"I'm gonna love you,"

"Oh,"

"Like I'm gonna lose you,"

"I'm gonna hold you, like I'm saying goodbye,

Wherever we're standing, I won't take you for granted,

'Cause we'll never know when, when we'll run out of time,"

"So I'm gonna love you,"

"Oh! I'm gonna love you,"

"Like I'm gonna lose you,"

 "I'm gonna love you,"

"Oh,"

"Like I'm gonna lose you."

As we were singing the last verse together, we start leaning towards each other. I caress his soft cheeks and his hands are on my hips. Then our lips press together turning it into a kiss. 

This night couldn't have gotten better. I'm having my first kiss with the prince of my dreams. He may not be a human prince, but he is a handsome and charming horse.  

This is truly an enchanting night.