He's Showing Signs 2

Barbara and Lance

It was my turn to do night patrol. We take turns doing them to make sure that students are safe and not sneaking around at night when they should be in their dorm rooms. And to make sure that no intruders enter the school grounds.  

It was a silent night, the only sounds that are playing were the sounds of crickets, the rustle of tree leaves as the soft wind blows, and the sound of my shoes tapping against the concrete sidewalk. 

Even though I enjoy the quiet of the night, it can sometimes be lonely doing this by myself. Sometimes I wish I had someone I could talk to while I'm on the job. 

But just when I thought I was alone, I hear a familiar voice call out my name. 

"Hello Barbara," I turn around and see Lance walking towards me. 

"Lance? What are you doing here?" I ask him, surprised but also happy to see him.

"Well, I saw you outside my window and I wasn't doing anything important so I thought maybe I could join you," Lance explains. 

As much as I love the idea of him being here, it made me wonder why he would come out here in the middle of the night to be with me. 

"But why would you want to be with me in the middle of the night?" I ask him.

A warm smile appears on his handsome face. "Because I like being with you." 

I froze on the spot and felt my heart slightly racing. He wants to be with me! Me! Why in the world would he want to be with me?? 

"Bu-but why?" I stutter out.

Lance walks closer to me and grabs my chin, making me look straight into his beautiful eyes. "Because I enjoy your company. Always has, always will," Lance whispers in that soft, gentle voice of his, which makes me shiver in delight. 

Then Lance lets go of my chin and reaches for my hand and then pulls me along down the sidewalk, together with hand in hand. 

Elizabeth and Seth

Today is a big day! Today is the big press conference between Seth and William, where they perform speeches and they would be asked important questions, like about society and how they can make things better for our town. 

Seth performed his speech perfectly and answered the questions wonderfully. While William, well let's just say he gave his speech and answered the questions the best he could.

Then it was time to take some photos. Seth calls me over, so I go over to see what Seth wants.

"Yes, sir?" I ask him. 

Seth smiles warmly at me and says, "I want you to be in some of the photos with me."

I felt confused at his request, "Why?" I ask him.

"Because I want everyone to see who has helped me get this far," Seth says with pride. 

I blush at his praising words, but I also feel flattered that he's giving me half the credit for his success. 

Seth wraps his arm around my shoulder and turns to the cameras and smiles that charming smile of his. I quickly put on a smile too, watching as the press and photographers take pictures of us. Sometimes I don't like getting my picture taken, mainly because I hate it when the lights flash at my eyes blinding me. 

After the photos were taken, I tell Seth that I had to make a quick trip to the bathroom. Seth allows me to go and he teases me not to take too long. It made me laugh, Seth always knows how to make me laugh.

Anyway, I made it to the bathroom and did my business. Now I'm making my way back outside, but when I pass one of the hallway closets, I hear strange noises. It stops me in my tracks and I turn to the door where the sounds are coming from. I walk over to it quietly and press my ear against the door. From what I hear, it sounds like kissing and moaning. By my guess, there must be two people in there making out. And I don't know why, but I felt curious to know who is in there. So with my curiosity taking over, I grab hold of the doorknob and turn it, then I slowly and quietly open the door just a pinch and I peek inside, and then, I get the shock of my life. 

It's William Sheffield and Seth's wife, Natasha! They are the ones who're making out in the closet! I can't believe it! Natasha, Seth's wife, is kissing her husband's opponent for mayor, William Sheffield!! She is cheating on her husband!!

How am I going to tell Seth about this?