CHAPTER 15

Kelechi and Ronke ran after Jazz as fast as they could- more like Kelechi ran after Jazz and dragged Ronke with her. Jazz hopped along the dorm's corridor, waving at onlookers and singing off-key.

"Catch her!" Kelechi shouted at Somto who had just come out of her room and was shocked by what was happening.

Somto caught her and held her tight as Kelechi and Ronke ran towards them.

"Jazz, what are you doing?" Somto asked her.

"I'm having fun!" Jazz replied and tried to free herself from Somto's grip, but she was too drunk to do so.

"What is wrong with Jazz?" Somto asked Kelechi and Ronke as they approached them.

"She's just feeling very excited today," Ronke replied as she and Kelechi put either of Jazz's hands on their shoulders, helping her up the steps.

Matron came into the dorm and saw the girls going up the steps. "What is wrong with her now?" She asked, worried.

Kelechi broke into a sweat and just stared at her. Ronke replied, "Um, she was on her way to the cafeteria when she fainted so we're taking her to our room to rest. The migraine is very serious."

"Oh my god, the poor girl. Here, give her these and she will feel better when she wakes up. Also take some food to her, it's not good to take medicine on an empty stomach," Mrs Kayode said and gave Kelechi a packet of Ibuprofen.

"Thank you ma," They thanked her and proceeded up the steps as she exited the dorm.

"What is that smell?" Ella asked as they walked past her.

"Nothing," Ronke replied.

Ella sniffed. "It smells like beer. Has she been drinking? Is that why she's acting all crazy?"

"Don't be ridiculous," Ronke said and pushed open the door to their room for them to go in.

"I'm very sure that smell is beer," Ella said to her friends.

"You're right, how else do you explain her behaviour from earlier," Titi agreed.

"Those girls are just trying to protect her by lying that she has migraine. I'm sure if we sneak around we can find the bottle of beer in their room and expose Jazz," Grace said.

"Good idea Gracey, when they leave for dinner, we'll go into their room and search for the evidence." Ella smirked.

When they were sure that the girls had left for lunch, Titi and Grace went to Jazz's room on Ella's commands. They looked around one more time before trying to open the door, but it was locked.

Titi groaned and hit the door. "Those girls are very sly, they locked the door!"

"Don't worry, we will catch them next time," Grace said as they went back to their room.

"Well?" Ella asked.

"The room was locked," Titi replied.

"What?"

"They locked the door."

"Those girls think they are smart, but I will get them one day," Ella said, more to herself than to her friends and they stared at her.

"Just leave it Ells, let's go and have our dinner," Grace said and they left for the cafeteria.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

"I still can't believe I passed out after taking just one bottle of beer. Usually, I take several bottles at a time and still be able to walk. What has this school done to me?" Jazz said after her roommates explained to her why she was vomiting and had a throbbing headache.