Chapter 7: Sons of Rogues

Start from the beginning

“Nope,” he said with a smile. “My mom’s pack is traditional. I can handle myself in both worlds.”

I used my fingers to get the tangled mass of noodles off my fork. “That sub I saw isn’t your parent then?”

“Lette,” laughed Keith. “Oh no, that boy is just my dad’s lover. He’s only been around for a year or two.”

“Oh,” I stared at my plate and tried to sort out the pieces of meat. “So did your, well is your…”

“My mother is alive and well,” he said with a smirk. “They weren’t mates. Just lovers.”

“Why didn’t he mate with her?” I peeked over at him.

Keith sighed and swirled his fork. “He had a mate, and even after all these years, my dad still not over it. Plenty of lovers, but he’s never been able to commit to one. Reason my mom left. She wanted a mate, and he wouldn’t do it.” He looked over me and smile. “She found a great guy though. He treats her like a queen, so I can’t be mad about it.”

I propped my elbow on the counter and laid my head on my hand. “My parents didn’t stick together either. They were even mates, but my mom still left.”

“Heard some things from August about Hidden Peak.”

“My dad was an ass,” I muttered. “I don’t blame anyone for hating him.”

“Northern Ridge took it more out on you, though.”

I pushed the remaining noodles around my plate. “I’m the son of a rogue that slaughtered a pack. Any alpha would be afraid of that. Hell, my own mother didn’t even want me.”

“Try being the son of a rogue alpha.” He grabbed my plate and walked around the counter to the sink. “More?”

I shook my head. “No, it was good, though. Thanks.”

Keith put the rest of the spaghetti on his place and returned to his seat. “I can’t say my mother didn’t want me. My father just refused to let her have me after the final split.”

“Final split?” I raised any eyebrow.

“Those two,” he laughed. “Off and on for years. They get in a fight, and she’d go back to her pack, and then they’d see each other at some business event, and it would start all over again. That was years ago,” he breathed. “My dad’s been pretty closed off, until we found Lette. Something about the red and white, and he had to have the sub. Never knew my old man was bi,” he laughed. “Most just be a color thing, because my mom’s fur was red.”

“He’s originally Bloodhound, though?”

Keith nodded and finished chewing. “My dad was supposed to be alpha.”

“Darius kicked him out?” I scoffed. “Northern Ridge, they’re just as power hunger as everyone else.”

Keith laughed, trying not to choke. “I thought you were pro Northern Ridge. Every pack I know kiss Darius’s ass with every chance they get.”

“The man wanted to kill me,” I muttered. “Ranger and Shiloh are the only wolves I cared about.” I glanced down at my hands in my lap. “It my fault too. I’m the one that got caught in their territory.” I clenched my jaw. “Who sends their future alpha to do border control. I mean really. Every traditional pack I know, lets the higher up sit around and get fat. Northern Ridge just had to be the one to mess it up.”

“So you met my brother?” Keith peered over at me.

“Brother? I didn’t know you had one.”