Chapter 25: Tormenting the Subs

Chapter 25

Tormenting the Subs

~West

Keith opened the door to the room where we'd be staying. I stepped inside and scrunched up my nose. It smelled like mildew.

"Why are we staying here again?"

Keith walked over to the window and opened it. "It's an old pack high out. Not many members even know it exists, so my dad thought it would be a good place for us, until this Midfield thing is figured out."

"He could just give back Aden, and the problem would be solved."

"We both know it's not that easy. Midfield had it out for us for awhile, even before we took the sub." He sat down on the bed and glanced around the room. "Not exactly homey."

"This place is disgusting." I stepped over the mystery stain on the floor.

Keith laughed. "For a traditional, I thought you were used to get dirty."

"I'd rather sleep outside in the dirt than walk barefoot on this carpet."

"Well then, keep your shoes on." He started to strip the bed. The yellow mattress was revealed and I felt sick.

I gave my mate an unimpressed looked. "I'm not sleeping on that."

"Calm down." He tossed the bedding at me. "Adam went to go get supplies."

I knocked the bundle away and kicked it to the corner of the room. "This is coming from a traditional," I stated plainly. "This pack has absolutely no sense of hygiene."

Shaking his head, Keith tried not to smile. "You're sounding like a sub, West."

Marching over, I punched him hard in the arm. "One more word, and you get to sleep on the floor with whatever diseases are festering in the carpet." I stormed into the bathroom connected to the room.

The bathroom was in no better shaped. The different colored stains were making my skin crawl. I lifted up the toilet lid and cringed. Rogue packs are disgusting. I quickly finished my business and left. I would not be bathing in that room.

Keith glanced at me pouting in the corner. "I never thought you'd be so high maintenance."

My mouth dropped open. "I am not!"

"You got a little upper class werewolf in you, sweetheart," he gave me a wink.

"That's a lie." I approached him. "I'm not the one that lives in some fancy apartment. I grew up in the wild. If anyone is, it's you, because I am not high maintenance." I jabbed my finger into his chest.

Keith grabbed my wrist. "I'm not the one complaining about the room." He kissed my cheek. "Don't worry, I like a well groomed mate."

I tackled him, forcing him back on the bed. "Take it back!" I snapped, wrestling to get control of his arms. "Take it back now."

Keith was laughing, which only made me madder. He snatched my wrist, and I tried to bite his hand. He flipped us over before I had the chance. Grabbed my other arm, he pinned them above my head. I struggled, but with him sitting on my hips, I was stuck.

"Keith," I whined. The mattress was the source of the mildew scent. "Let me up."

He leaned down with a smirk on his face. "No."

"Now!" I kicked my legs. "I'm going to catch whatever growing on this. Let me up."

My mate just smiled. "Admit it."