Chapter 8 Must be a Sub Thing

Chapter 8

Must be a Sub Thing

~Shiloh

Trapped. I stood at the base of a tall chain link fence. Glancing both ways, I couldn’t tell how far it went in either directions. My ear twitched as a faint noise was carried on the breeze. The snow wasn’t too deep.

I started to dig. I had to make it under, before they caught up.

***

~West

“West, West wake up.”

I was rocked awake. I groaned and turned over. “It’s too early.”

“Did they make you get up at seven at the factory?” laughed Keith.

Sitting up, I stretched my arms over my head. “It was early then too. They just dragged you out of bed and beat the crap out of you, if you didn’t get up.”

Keith shook his head and went into the bathroom. I scratched my head and scanned the room. It still felt unreal to be living here now.

“If you want to shower and eat, you need to do it now. We have to go soon.”

Throwing off the covers, I swung my feet onto the floor. I trudged into the bathroom to see Keith standing in front of the closet’s full body mirror. He did up the last of the buttons on his shirt. He did look nice. Dominants usually could pull off a suit really well, though.

“Shower, West,” said Keith with a smirk. “You can check me out later.”

I huffed at him and dropped my sweats before stepping into the shower. Turning on the hot nozzle, I stood under the steaming water and let it turn my skin red.

“You’re fogging up the mirror.”

“Sorry.” I adjusted the temperature and quickly washed myself. I heard Keith leave and peeked around the curtain to make sure he was gone. I turned off the water and grabbed a towel. Going to my section of the closet, I found some jeans and a plain blue t-shirt.

“Comando?”

I jumped and spun around. “Don’t do that.”

Keith laughed. “It usually hard to sneak up on a wolf.”

I shook my head. “My senses are messed up with the new surroundings, besides the place is filled with your scent.”

Keith opened a drawer next to me and waved at the arrangement of underwear. “We’ll make a civil out of you yet.” He turned and left me flustered and embarrassed.

I snatched a pair and put them on before pulling on the jeans. They fit pretty well. I stood in front of the mirror and ran my fingers along the scar. It was turning white in places. Tugging my shirt over my head, I fitted my arms into the sleeves.

“West, come eat!” called Keith.

“Coming.” I grabbed some socks and shoes and went out into the living room. I sat down on the stool at the counter and quickly put them on.

Keith handed me a plate of scrambled eggs and some bread.

I let out a sigh at the wonderful sight. “Real food. If anything, not having to eat brown slug is a perk.”

Keith sat beside me and ruffled my hair. We ate in silence. He finished first and typed on his phone as he waited. He didn’t notice when I had my last bite. I stood and took both our plates to the sink. Keith was still typing on his phone as I stood nearby waiting for him.