Chapter 15: Interrogation

Chapter 15

Interrogation

~Ranger

The dark haired man kept his head bowed as I closed the door and walked to the table. He heard my last statement, I made sure he heard it. I sat down on the table right at his side. If he tried to attack, it would just be my excuse to rip open his throat.

“Black Creek Farms.” I rest my hand on the table and tapped my claws on the metal. “You have plenty of werewolves, while risk it?”

The alpha didn’t move.

I leaned over the table and glanced at his shackled wrists. The chain ran to the center of the table. There wasn’t many places this man could hide from me.

“You have five more seconds,” I said plainly and started counting in my head.

I reached zero and slammed my claw into the side of his hand. He howled in pain and thrashed in his seat. The chain kept him from sinking under the table. I sat back in my chair and watched him. It took a couple minutes, but he finally started to calm down, though the bleeding hadn’t stopped.

“Should I repeat the question, or do you remember what I asked?” I stood and walked over to the door.

Daven was waiting there with a scowl on his face. “Really Ranger?”

I grabbed a box of tissues that was on the desk placed in front of the window. A guard was sitting at it. His face was white.

“He’ll live,” I replied as I entered the room. “Small wounds cause a lot of pain, but none are life threatening for an alpha.” I slammed the door and returned to my seat. Using one of the issues, I cleaned the blood from my claw. “So?”

“Half my pack is from them,” he hissed.

I spit on one of the issues and rubbed it across the wound. That was enough to ease the pain, so the man could climb back into his seat.

“We give them a good home,” he stated, glaring at me. “Some of the other buyers treat them much worse.”

“The wolves you stole are all being returned to their families, so I don’t think they’ll miss Black Creek.”

“They weren’t stolen,” he breathed. “I paid good money for them.”

The anger that spiked through me was enough motive for me to stab the man’s hand again. I left my claw in his skin, allowing the toxins to spread. The man contoured on the ground, gasping in pain. A waited a few more seconds, before removing my claw.

I sat down on my heels as the man gasped for air, kneeling on the cement. “You bought a sub.”

The man laughed. “His pack probably sold him. Hell, half of them are sold off by their pack.”

I lunged forward and grabbed his neck. “That sub was my mate.”

His eyes grew wide as I tightened my grip.

“Do you understand now how bad I want to kill you?”

“Ranger!” Daven hurried into the room and pulled me back.

I was reluctant to let go of the alpha’s throat. I left him with a couple scratches, before Daven shoved me out of the room. Sitting down on the corner of the desk, I met Daven’s gaze.

“It’s barely been five minutes.”

“If it were Jesse, would he even still be breathing?”