Chapter 7: Sons of Rogues

Start from the beginning

Muffled music slipped into the room. I could hear pots and pans being banged around on the other side of the wall. He knew how a cook. I’d label that as a positive.

I started to fill the tub. Going to the mirror, I examined my scar. It was a light pink color. A few more days and it would fade like all my others. I glanced over my arms and torso. When we mated all these would be gone.

“Damn it.” I gripped the edge. “Just,” I exhaled sharply. I’d figure this out, so staying calm was important right now.

After grabbing all the different bottles from under the sink, I slipped into the tub and sunk down into the water. Well, if I had to be mated to Keith, then I should be happy I had somewhere nice to live. This was a very clear upgrade from anywhere I’d ever stayed.

I opened up the first bottle and was blasted with a fruity scent. Snapping the lid shut, I tossed it in the trash. No one should be rubbing that into their fur. I tested out a couple more. Some were okay, other worse than the first with overpowering flower scents. I poked a hole through the seal of a blue bottle. A cool scent filtered out. I held it for my nose for a while. This one smelled really good. It gave off a fresh and clean scent.

Squirting some in my hand, I started working it into my fur. It had been so long since I had washed it properly. It had a constant feeling of heaviness whenever I couldn’t do a simple rub down of my fur every couple of weeks or so. Standing, I pulled the curtain over and scrubbed down the rest of my body. I flicked the shower head on and stood under it as the hot water pounded my back.

I did a quick rinse, before shifting back to human. “Oh god,” I breathed. Hot water, it was so nice.

Finishing, I opened the drain and dried off. With a towel around my waist, I went to the closet. The place smelt clearly of Keith. I went to my stacks of clothes and shuffled through them. I found some sweatpants and pulled them out.

“West?” Keith knocked.

“Give me a second.” I pulled the pants and went to unlock the door.

Keith stepped inside and smiled at me. “Mmmmm… You smell good.”

“Yeah, well I stunk before.”

“Feel better?”

Taking a deep breath, I nodded. “It’s a lot to take in.”

He glanced at the trash can and chuckled. “Those were no, then?”

“To be honest, some of those were awful.” I stooped down and grabbed the wet towel. “What should I do with this?”

“Towel in the hamper in the closet, and the foods ready.”

He took them from me as I tossed the towel in the tall woven basket. I followed Keith into the kitchen and sat down at the bar. He set a plate in front of me.

“What is it?”

“Spaghetti.” He sat down beside me. “Nothing special though. The sauce came from a can.”

“I’ve never had it.”

“Well then have a taste.”

He watched me as I took a bite. Tangy, but really good. I ate a few more bites and Keith started to eat as well. He swirled his fork through the noodles. It worked a lot better than my attempted to tame the long noodles. I spun my fork until it formed one giant mass on the end. Keith laughed as I tried to fit it in my mouth.

“Traditionals,” he chuckled. “You’re very entertaining.”

“So are civils,” I retorted. “when you take them to the woods.”