So This Is Love

I needed a break from my stressful uni work and decided to drop by and write a oneshot for you all!

It's not the best thing I have ever made but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless!

As usual, a bit of angst is present here. But also lots and lots of fluff! 

<♥>

He thought she was perfect.

As his eyes followed her every move, he couldn't help but notice every perfect thing about her.

It was the little things she did that captured his attention and made his heart flutter, Sherlock had realised. The way she moved her hands when she spoke. The different patterns her hands would move in based on her mood. Smooth and slow when she was relaxed and calm. Frantic and chaotic when she was stressed or talking to her annoying colleague on the phone, who couldn't ever seem to do his job correctly.

He also noticed her hair and how it reflected the light of the yellow kitchen lamp as she stood at the counter, preparing a meal for them both. The slight parting of her lips as she softly mumbled the recipe to herself, so she wouldn't forget a step like last time and ruin the dinner she had so been looking forward to.

The way her hips swayed when she slowly moved along to the music she had playing on her phone. Or the way a relaxed smile spread on her face when one of her favourite songs came on. She would forget all about the recipe for a brief moment and simply lose herself in the lyrics and tunes as she closed her eyes.

He adored how she would snap out of it and call out in shock when she realised she had boiled the pasta for too long. He couldn't help the soft chuckle that left his lips when she swore and quickly rushed the pot to the sink in a last attempt to save the dinner she almost ruined again.

He loved her clumsiness. It was a part of her he found so endearing that it was hard to suppress the urge to take her into his arms and kiss her.

It wasn't just the clumsiness that had drawn Sherlock in, however. It was her beauty, her wit, her radiant smile that could light up a room, her kindness, her –

''Oh for fuck's sake!'' she called out.

Sherlock snapped out of his daydream, shaking off the dreamy grin that had somehow made it onto his face without him realising.

(Y/N) entered the living area with a sour look on her face. ''I ruined dinner again!''

The detective rolled his eyes, forcing himself not to chuckle at her adorable pout. ''That is the third time this week. Are you sure a kitchen is a safe place for you to be in?''

(Y/N) glared at him and huffed, letting herself fall into John's old chair as she crossed her arms over her chest like a frustrated child. ''I am trying, okay!''

''Why have you been cooking so often lately anyway? You hate it. I know you do.''

A blush coated (Y/N)'s cheeks as she dropped her gaze to the floor. ''I told this guy at work that I was a great cook to impress him and now he wants to have dinner at my place to taste my 'fantastic' cooking.'' She rolled her eyes at herself. ''Gosh, why do I always say the stupidest things!''

Sherlock didn't laugh. He didn't even chuckle. Had her answer been anything else, he would've made fun of her antics and teased her. But her answer wasn't something else. A guy? A guy she was trying to impress?

The detective felt his ears grow hot, his insides churning painfully at the mention of this guy. He could feel his heart clench and chest tighten. He felt the anger bubbling up deep inside him as he gritted his teeth, trying fuck all to keep his composure.