It Will Rain

Guess who's back! Did you miss me? 

I will be back to updating as of today!  It still won't be regularly, and sometimes there will be quite some time between updates and sometimes it will be one update after another.  But I am back and I can't wait to continue this book and give you some new content!

Also, requests are open again. So, if you have an idea feel free to PM me or leave a comment on the latest oneshot with your request. Remember, I do have the right to say no and it will take time for me to write them.

I'm still really busy, but nothing can keep me away from this platform for too long! Thank you all so much for your continued support, despite my absence the past two weeks. It means the world ♥ 

Now onto the oneshot! 

Requested by LokiHiddlesConrad -> Song: It Will Rain by Bruno Mars

<♥>

If you ever leave me, baby

Leave some morphine at my door

Cause it would take a whole lot of medication

To realize what we used to have

We don't have it anymore

Sherlock looked at you from across the dinner table, his eyes gentle and filled with love. 

Just one gaze made you melt inside and a sincere smile formed on your face. You slowly placed your fork next to your plate and grabbed his hand, entangling your fingers together. ''Thank you for taking me here, Sherlock,'' you said. 

He smiled and pinched your hand slightly. ''No problem, love. Are you enjoying yourself?'' 

''How could I not enjoy myself here?'' You exclaimed. ''This restaurant is gorgeous in every sense of the word, the food tastes magical and the best thing yet, I'm here with you.'' 

He raised your hand to his lips and pressed a kiss to your knuckles. ''I'm glad you like my choice of venue,'' he whispered tenderly. ''I want tonight to be perfect.'' 

''It is. It really is. Thank you.'' 

''How often are you going to thank me?'' He laughed. ''You've been doing it constantly since we got here.'' 

You blushed. ''I'm just very grateful to have you in my life. I will never stop thanking you for anything you do for me. I love you.''

''I love you, too, (Y/N).'' His eyes grew wet as he continued to look at you. He was so blissfully happy, so content and fulfilled and he had you to thank for that. ''Look at us being all sentimental,'' he croaked, releasing your hand to wipe his eyes on a napkin. 

''Well, I bring it out of you.'' You chuckled. 

He laughed along and nodded. ''You sure do, love.'' There was a brief silence. Sherlock swallowed the lump in his throat and wiped his sweaty hands on his trousers. He looked at you again with an unsure smile on his face. 

Your eyebrows knitted together. ''Did I say something wrong? You seem upset.'' 

''No, no, I'm just nervous, that's all. You said nothing wrong.'' 

Your lips formed a weak smile. ''Nervous for what?'' 

He cleared his throat, staring at his lap. ''Well,'' he started, unaware of where he was headed with this.