Karaoke Night

Requested by iamcumberlover

I turned this request into a preferences oneshot kind of thing instead of a single-character oneshot because it made more sense to me. I hope you don't mind! Plus, I had a lot of fun scrolling through my playlists and finding songs that would match the Sherlock men. I hope you enjoy my music taste XD

Thank you MariWhoLock for giving me an amazing idea for Greg's part without even knowing it!

<♥>

Sherlock

Go to karaoke song: Toxic by Britney Spears

Sherlock wasn't the karaoke type at all. In fact, he didn't like going out and making a fool of himself. You, on the other hand, loved going out with friends on Friday nights after a long, hard week of work and cases. This night was no exception.

''Please, Sherlock?'' You whined. ''I'll take a week off and solve cases with you the entire time!''

He shook his head. ''Not happening, (Y/N),'' he stated.

''But you love music! And we haven't seen John and Mary in ages!'' You protested.

Already having dressed up, you really hoped you could convince your boyfriend to go out with you and your friends. If not, the double date would be John and Mary cosying up and having fun and you sitting at the table by yourself, staring at the floor. That was not the Friday night you had in mind.

''Yes, I appreciate music but I do not enjoy social gatherings. I'm not going!''

You sat down with a huff, crossing your arms and pouting like a young child.

Sherlock saw you and rolled his eyes, internally groaning. ''What now, (Y/N)?!''

You sniffed, trying to set up a believable act. ''It's just- I- Oh, never mind! You don't care anyway.''

Like you had hoped, Sherlock fell for your fake-distress and was immediately by your side. For someone with 'the power of deductions', he sure was easily fooled by you. ''Darling, I do care. Tell me,'' he said gently.

You looked at him, eyes tearful. You had always had a talent for fake-crying and now, it was finally time to put them to good use. ''John and Mary are going to have fun together because it's a double date, and I'll be there all alone, playing with napkins.''

Sherlock frowned. ''Does this double date really mean so much to you?''

You nodded, attempting to create the saddest look on your face as possible. ''Yes,'' you croaked.

Sherlock sighed. ''Alright fine! I'll go with you, just give me a second.''

You and Sherlock walked into the club, holding hands. You were greeted by an excited and already slightly tipsy John and Mary, who had previously reserved a table to spent the evening at.

Squealing, you greeted Mary as John and Sherlock went for the 'more manly' approach, shaking hands.

''You managed to get him here! I can't believe it!'' Mary exclaimed.

You laughed. ''He has a soft spot for me, why not use it, right?''

Sherlock stared at you, eyes narrowed as he realised what you had been up to.