Brother Mine

Kid!Lock

Ahoy, me hearties!

I've only written Kid!Lock once before (even though I ADORE it) at the very start of my first Imagines book, so don't expect too much lol!

I imagine Sherlock around the age of six in this, so Mycroft would be around 13.

Also, ultimatespiderwoman, I kept my promise.... kind of (not really).

<♥>

''All hands hoay!'' Sherlock yelled, raising his wooden sword into the air, a pirate hat made of paper resting on his messy curls.

Mycroft sighed. ''I'm trying to do my homework, Sherlock. Go play in your own room.''

''But, Myke,'' the younger Holmes brother whined, ''you promised to play!''

''Yes, as soon as I'm done with my homework.''

The boy carefully stepped down from his older brother's bed and sat on the floor. ''Are you done?''

''No, Sherlock,'' Mycroft sighed.

''Now?''

''I'll never finish if you keep annoying me.''

''Homework is for dummies. You're not a dummy, My. You don't need to do it.''

He chuckled. ''Alright, I'll play with you.'' He got up from his chair, ignoring the wave of dizziness that hit him as he stood.

It didn't go unnoticed by the other genius in the room, however.

''Are you okay, My?'' Sherlock asked quietly, his eyes wide.

Mycroft smiled at him, kneeling down. ''I'm alright. How about we play your game now, yes?''

He hesitated for a second before nodding. ''Well, I'm the captain, so only I'm allowed to wear the pirate hat, but you can have my other sword.''

''Of course. Makes perfect sense.''

The younger boy beamed up at him. ''I'll go get it!'' He immediately ran off and dove under his bed to grab the wooden stick from underneath.

Back in his room, Mycroft got up from the floor but instantly regretted it when more dizziness hit him. He grabbed the side of his bed, steadying himself. Closing his eyes, he tried to breathe calmly and wait for it to pass.

This had been happening for a few days now, but it always passed after he took a moment to gather himself.

He slowly stood up straight, rubbing his head and trying to compose himself. He knew if Sherlock saw him this way, the poor boy wouldn't know how to handle it. He'd panic and Mycroft didn't want his younger brother to be afraid.

Sherlock soon came running back to the room, two wooden swords in his hand. ''I found it, My!''

Mycroft opened his eyes and tried to force a smile on his face. Almost immediately, his vision went black and he collapsed to the floor.

Sherlock's eyes grew wide. ''My? Mycroft?'' He dropped the swords and ran to him, his small hands shaking his brother's shoulders. ''Mycroft! My, wake up!'' Tears filled his eyes and rolled down his cheeks as he screamed for his mother.

The older Holmes didn't stir nor open his eyes. He lay motionless on the floor, a bump already forming where he'd hit his head on the floorboards.

Sherlock's wailing finally roused some attention and fast-paced footsteps were soon heard ascending the stairs. The door slammed open against the wall.