08: Righting a Wrong

"Failure is a great teacher

and if you are open to it,

every mistake has a lesson to offer."

*Taehyungs POV*

As soon as the door closed to my office my fists slams against the coffee table in front of the couch. I saw Jimin flinch out of the corner of my eye and I sigh.

"She has nightmares. Nightmares about her dad. She doesn't even know and she's having nightmares. She feels unwanted. She feels like trash!" I get louder the longer I'm talking

"Tae, I know this sucks but you can't fill that roll."

"Yes, I can Jimin."

"No, you really can't. She's not you-"

"She is mine. Phoenix is my daughter."

I look up and see Jimins mouth wide open.

"Close your damn mouth dude."

"What the hell, Taehyung? She's actually yours? Celeste didn't have an abortion? She's not Yoongi's?"

"Apparently not. We went to dinner last night and she told me that I was the father."

"What the hell? How are you so calm about this?" Jimin asked me

"That's the thing. I'm not. I'm so fucking pissed at Celeste. She showed me pictures of Phoenix's entire life last night. She's acting like phones and video call didn't exist and that there's no way I could have been in her life. At least she would have had a dad and not some mystery guy looming over her. Telling her she's trash. Like what the fuck, Jimin? How am I supposed to be there for her."

"Taehyung, I wish I had the answers to this but this is some drama shit."

I felt the tears in my eyes break through and fall down my face, "If she's so afraid of her father, she'll hate me."

"Tae, she just needs to get to know you. She'll be confused but she'll love you. It's just going to take time. All you can do is wait. Obviously Celeste has told her that she has a dad that loves her."

"I just feel helpless, Jimin."

His arms wrap around my shoulder and pulls me to him as I cry harder into his chest

"Let's go to Kook's and get you a drink."

-

*Celeste POV*

Phoenix and I finished dinner and she's currently sprawled out on the ground coloring. I went out to the balcony to try to clear my head and my phone rings