28- About To Yell Witchcraft

"Wassup!" Ethan greeted, as he sat down at our lunch table.

"The sky." Roxy, Mia, and I replied.

"That's creepy. Don't do that again." Chase replied, shuddering a little.

"Where's Alex?" I asked the two friends when I realized my boyfriend was missing.

"Oh, he's preparing-" Ethan nudged Chase to make him stop talking.

"Preparing what?" I asked, confused.

"Nothing. Nothing for you to worry about." Ethan said quickly then terribly whispered to Chase, "You almost blew our cover."

"Sorry," Chase whispered, loudly.

I narrowed my eyes at them, "Fine, fine, I won't ask."

"Anyways-" Mia was cut off by yet ANOTHER promposal.

"Ugh again?" I muttered.

"Shush, I wanna watch," Roxy said, as they all turned towards where the proposing was being done.

Of course, they would want to watch. They had already been asked to prom and I hadn't. Cue sad face.

I rolled my eyes and turned away from them while taking my phone out of my pocket and started texting Alex.

Me
Where are you?

Alexaaa🌝
In front of u wondering why ur on ur phone :)))

I looked up and sure enough, he was sitting across from me.

"When did you get here?" I asked, kicking his feet lightly under the table.

"Just now."

"Oh ok cuz I was about to yell witchcraft," I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Shhh. We don't want anyone to find out." He leaned over and placed his finger on my lips. Then I got the most brilliant idea. I licked his finger.

"Oh my god, Hazel." He said, wiping his finger on his pants.

"Oops. My tongue slipped."

"How-"

"Ok, both of you shut up. It's time to leave." Ethan said as everyone stood up.

"Did you eat lunch," I asked and he nodded. "So you're not going to tell me where you were?"

"Later, right now it's class time."

"Fine."

♡︎♡︎♡︎

"Excited for the game?" I asked Alex.

"Yeah, but mostly nervous." He replied.

"Don't worry you'll do great," I told him, confidently.

It was Friday and we were about to watch the last football game of the year.

"Thanks, Hazel." He said, smiling.

"Of course we'll be cheering for you."

He grinned before waving and walking into the field where the rest of his teammates were getting ready for the game.

I joined my friends at the seats that we had planned on sitting and we started cheering our team on. The game ended at a close tie of 67-65, 67 being our team's score. As everyone from our side started cheering the lights all suddenly went off and the loud and confused murmurs of everyone including me could be heard.