✰ 15.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

—✰—

"okay so like, my dads already gonna kill me so... what's this all about?" pope asked, snapping sticks and throwing them into the fire.

"might as well tell em' man" JJ shrugged, looking at john b.

"we found the gold" john b said, a smirk appearing on his lips

"here we go again with this" pope groaned

"hear him out, okay?" JJ said, john b continued to speak.

"it's been here the whole time. it's on the island" john b said, kie and avani becoming shocked

"are you serious?!" the two girls said in unplanned unison.

"so in my backpack... i have a letter from denmark tanny" john b said, pulling out something from his backpack.

"who the hell is that?" kie asked

"who?" avani asked

"denmark tanny was a slave that survived the royal merchant wreck! okay so check this out" he said, showing off the letter in his hands.

avani started to zone out as john b continued to explain, only picking up certain things he was saying as she locked eyes with JJ, him soon looking away awkwardly.

kie handed her the letter, avani snapping out of it as she lightly tapped her, then handing it to JJ, feeling his fingers softly touch hers as she handed it over, the two locking eye contact for a few seconds before him breaking if once again.

"tanny hill?" kie said, catching avanis attention again focusing on what the boy was saying.

"come here man, i'm so proud of you right now" JJ said excitedly hugging his bestfriend, lifting him in the air

"JJ, fire! there's a fire, remember- we're too close to the fire" john b whined as he was lifted in the air.

"i'm so proud of you bro" JJ smiled

"that's really sweet of you" john b said, gripping the sides of JJs face.

"just kiss already, come on!" avani giggled, kie laughing too.

john b pretended to lean in to kiss his friend, JJ dodging it.

"sorry, i forgot you have to save it for your girl" john b joked, sending avani a look and her raising her eyebrows.

"oh- what, no-" JJ denied it, avani awkwardly looking away and clearing her throat.

"okay so what's the plan?" pope asked

"so sarah cameron's coming to meet us tonight with an original map- right?!" john b explained

"wait a minute... are you actually with sarah? like she's in on this all?" avani scoffed

"so? your a kook too?" john b said as he shrugged

"that's not the point, john b! are y'all together or something because she's still with my brother, remember!" avani sighed