✰ 02.

CHAPTER TWO

"did you hear about the gun involved at the beach party last night?" mrs thornton asked over family breakfast

topper and avani made eye contact from across the table, her sending him a look to keep his mouth shut

"you were in a fight baby, please tell me you weren't involved?" their mom asked.

"yeah, mom. i was actually. it was one of avanis lil pogue buddies who had the gun" topper said, pouting at their parents who sat at the table.

"oh for god sakes, here we go" avani whispered under her breath.

"excuse you?" her mom glared at her, hearing every word.

"you're friends with these 'pogues' avani! you've got to be kidding me" their father scoffed

"i talked to them at the party, so what? doesn't men's were best friends" she rolled her eyes, her eyes widening as she realised what she said

"you were at the party! you told me you were with kamri!" her mom shouted

"mom, i don't wanna deal with right now, please" avani sighed, rubbing her head from her hangover.

"no, you will be dealing with this now avani! you lied to me! betrayed our trust!" mom shouted

"wouldn't be the first time, mom. she sneaks out to parties all the time, at least i ask for go" topper snorts, avanis body filling of rage.

"well at least i don't drown kids on the beach!" she said leaping up, her chair scraping against the tiles in the dining room.

"what are you talking about, avani!" her dad shouted.

"your precious baby boy got into a fight at the party and tried to drown john b!" she shouted, glaring ag her brother who sat across from her as she shouted the truth.

"bull shit!" topper shouted back

"enough, you two! topper would never do that!" mom shouted

"of course i wouldn't!" he lied, avani rolling her eyes.

"there was plenty of people there to tell you the truth, since y'all never believe me" she rolled her eyes.

"well of course they wouldn't, when you ever word you whine is a fucking lie!" topper shouted, avani attempting to lunge at him across the table with the fork in her hand, pushing over plates and food on the table.

"your such an asshole, topper!" she shouted, attempting to hit him.

"enough!" dad shouted, everyone falling silent.

"avani, go to your room goddamnit! stop acting like a maniac!" her mom shouted, pointing to the staircase.

"the real maniac is right there mom!" she shouted

"enough, avani! stop blaming him for everything for once! stop being jealous!" her mom shouted back.

"jealous?! your kidding"  she snorted