✰ 10.

CHAPTER TEN.

—✰—

"afternoon, mamas'" JJ smiled as avani approached the crew who waited for her on popes fathers boat, ready to go find the royal merchant.

"sorry i'm late, topper drowned his goddamn boat or something so i had to stay behind and help call people to come get it out. long story short" she groaned as she held JJ's hand as she climbed into the boat, seeing him lock eye contact with pope.

"what?" she asked, seeing the boys' sudden reactions.

"nothing" he shrugged, her following and taking a seat in the cabin of the boat while JJ drove the boat and took off.

"alright JJ, pin it here!" John b shouted for the other end of Mr Heywards boat.

"roger that.. X marks the spot!" JJ announced with a big grin on his face, avani getting up from where she sat to help set the drone into the water.

"alright ladies and gentlemen.... to going full kook!" john b said, dropping it into the water.

"let's do this!" the girl smiled widely, watching the drone slowly lower as pope drove it through the waves.

avani stood next to pope, raising her black sunglasses to see the screen better, hearing the boy gasp.

"what? what happened?" she questioned, repeated by john b worriedly.

"nothing- i just thought....it's nothing" he sighed and john b groaned.

avani constantly shivered due to the strong wind, her moving into the cabin of the boat with JJ to hopefully warm up, but nothing helped.

"you okay?" he asked as he saw the girl shivering beside him.

"mmh hmm, i'm just cold..." she sighed, regretting her choice of clothes being denim shorts and a crop top.

"there's a hoodie in my bag, if you need it" JJ offered, her sending him a sweet smile as she reached for it and pulled it over her head, fixing her blonde wavy hair.

"better?" he smiled.

"yeah, thanks" she said, his familiar scent of vanilla and a small tint of weed from the hoodie filled her nose.

john b continued to order JJ directions as the waves pulled the boat side to side, not staying in the one spot they needed it too.

"guys the currents to strong! i'm gonna lose it" kie shouted, avani getting up to help her.

"960...970....980!" kie shouted as the cord became shorter.

"oh my god...." john b mumbled, both kiara and avani turning to look at the two boys who's jaws had dropped

"you find anything?" JJ shouted

"it's the royal merchant! we did it!" john b said, excitement laced his voice.

avani walked towards the boys, draping her arms over their shoulders as she stared at the screen to see the shipwreck infront of her.