✰ 33 - Season2

"to john B and sarah" JJ said, raising his flask alongside kie, avani and pope.

the 4 drank, staking infront of the carved tree with their name & dates.

"i can't believe they're gone" avani said, a tear trailing her cheek. they proceeded to bury the memory box they made with the twos favourite belonging left behind at the bottom of the tree, all of them standing and crouching in silence.

they later began drinking their hearts out with music playing as darkness came, hanging around the chateau yard. JJ and avani lay together in the hammock, pope and kie sat together with her head on his shoulder.

"i'm going to peterkins funeral tomorrow" avani mumbled as she lay her head on jjs chest.

"do you want me to come?" he asked softly.

"no it's okay, J. i'll be with topper" she smiled

"because your mom will be in the cop line up?" he asked

"mmhmm"

(a/n- remember all!! i'm making avanis mom a better person, so i've made her character a cop, even tho they aren't all the best, i know, buuuut she's gonna be tied into taking down the devil himself, ward fucking cameron smh)

"are you okay?" topper asked, as the two sat in his jeep, about to walk into the cemetery for her ceremony, but he noticed the guilt and sadness on her face.

"yeah. i just wish the bastard who did this gets caught" she said.

"i know you hate me for saying it but-

"it wasn't fucking john b, topper!! how many times do i have to tell you, he didn't do it. he's a witness. was a witness, i mean.... it was rafe and ward but they'll never admit it because they're isn't any goddamn proof anymore" she burst, cutting him off.

"let's go" he said, clearing his throat. he had a gut feeling his sister was right, but he couldn't come to admit or accept the possibility of his bestfriend being a murderer.

the two got out and headed through the small crowd of close families. they spotted their mom and stiff closest to them, but unfortunately, so we're the cameron's who came and stood beside them. rafe didn't come anywhere near the two, rose and ward stood next to avani.

"hey wheez, i'm so so sorry" she smiled weakly, hugging sarah's little sister.

"hey avani, it's good to see you" she smiled.

avani lived back to where she stood until she scoffed, muttering words under her breath about ward and moved places with topper.

they began the ceremony, and avani had her attention on the main speaker, but kept looking towards shoupe and her mom who stood side by side. she watched as shoupe sent a filthy look towards the cameron's, and avanis face dropped. he knew something. avani could tell. she subtly looked between him and the fbi agent who stood on the other side of the crowd, who shoupe now made eye contact with, and slowly nodded.

the agent across the crowd stared at ward, until he looked back, then he looked at shoupe. avani knew he had to be shitting himself right now with he two staring him down. and it wasn't promising looks either she thought.