27- Can We Eat The Cake Now?

Start from the beginning

"But- but the cake and the cookies," I said, pouting.

"Fine, you can take a piece of cake and some cookies but we're leaving right after."

I cheered a little and took a big piece of cake on a paper plate and a few cookies as well. Then I followed him to his car as he took me to a "mysterious" place. He arrived at a sketchy looking forest thing.

"Uh... what are when doing here?"

"Guess you'll just have to find out?" He shrugged walking ahead of me.

"Oh hell Nah! You're a serial killer, aren't you? That's why you laughed when I asked you before? And- and you've been using me all this time to get close to me so you can kill me." I said, turning to walk the other way.

"Oh my god," Alex said, grabbing my hand. "C'mon Hazel."

"Ahhhh help, a serial killer is trying to kill me. Ahh! Ahhh! Ahhhhhh! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!" I yelled and Alex covered my mouth.

"If you shut up I might spare you." He said with a serious face and my eyes widened. But then he started laughing. "You- you should have seen your face."

"Shut up, I thought you were serious," I muttered, feeling my cheeks turn red.

"Sorry." He said, trying to choke back laughter.

"I thought I was going to die. Angela Winters: December 5, 2002, to December 5, 2019. Loving sister, daughter, and friend. I could already see my tombstone." I said.

"And maybe girlfriend?"

"Huh?" I asked.

"I had something else planned but it doesn't matter. So um here I go. Angela, when I met you with your cute glasses and your sparkling hazel eyes and those cheesy romance books in your hands I don't know why but I wanted to get to know you. And then when I found out that you were babysitting my sister I was overjoyed. Then Ms. Fields asked you to tutor me and I just knew that I had to get close to you. It seemed like everything was pushing us together. And I got to know you Hazel, and you were this smart, beautiful, funny girl that never failed to make me smile and always made me have this giddy feeling inside me and you still do. And when you do that cute little nose scrunch it never fails to make me smile. And I want to be with you, I want to be the one to make you smile, laugh, I want to be there when you need someone to comfort you, when you need someone to cry with, to laugh with. I want to be the one. So, Angela Winters will you be my girlfriend?"

"Oh my god, Alex of course."

"Hey don't cry." He said, wiping a tear from the corner of my eye.

"Sorry I didn't realize," I told him, a bit embarrassed.

"It's fine." He said. There was a moment of silence before he spoke again. "So, I'm gonna kiss you now. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine. It's always fine you don't always have to ask." I told him

"Oh, that's good then." He said then leaned down to place his lips on mine while bringing me closer to him. My hands went around his neck and to the name of his hair playing with the soft locks. His lips stayed on mine for a while and I loved every second of it until we had to break apart for air. I wrapped my arms around his waist as I took deep breaths.

"Hey girlfriend, I think we should head back to your place before it gets too dark."

I blush but grinned while nodding, "Ok, boyfriend."

He led me back to his car and took me back to my house. No one left because there were only like six people. After all, I'm a loner but oh well.

"So..?" Mia asked.

"What?" I asked.

"Did he ask?" She said in a duh tone.

"You knew?" I asked.

"Yeah, all of us knew except you." She said.

"Well if you must know, yes he did." I grinned.

"So just to be one the same page, you're dating Alex now?" She asked and I nodded.

"Congrats I'm so happy for you." She hugged me.

"What's going on here? Why are we hugging? I wanna hug too." Roxy said. "Wait did he ask?"

"Yup!"

"Yay! Congrats!" She exclaimed.

"Hey, Hazel. Wanna dance?"

"Uh, there's no music," I said, confused.

"So?" he asked, taking my hand."We don't need music to dance, we just need the presence of happiness."

"Ok then. Let's dance!!!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hellooooo!! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter cuz I sure did. it was really fun to write. :)

if you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to vote!! tyy ilyy <3

~Amethyst 💜