Chocolate Makes Everything Better (Except the God of Destruction)

____________________

"Living without passion is like being dead."
~Jungkook~
____________________

I've lived a harder life than most people have. I'm not complaining; it's just the simple truth. But the fact remains, there is always going to be someone who had it worse than I did. I've learned to appreciate what I have and not look back to my past.

Those who refuse to leave the past where it belongs end up withering away. The reverse is also true. Those who don't learn from their mistakes are doomed to fail.

You have to settle for the happy medium.

Remember what the past holds, but don't dwell on it for too long.

Now, why am I talking about these abstract, 2 A.M. shower thoughts? Because as much as I love my soulmates, I know from past experiences one thing.

I hate getting blood on my clothes.

My period has the shitty ability of making me forget about its existence. Which is why, after only a few minutes of talking to the boys, I had to rush to the bathroom. I needed to change my pad and tampon. And my soulmates, being as caring as they are, asked if I was okay.

My brain-to-mouth filter is already a little iffy (okay, really iffy), but when I'm dealing with my "time of the month", it's as good as gone. It literally does not exist.

That is why, when Jungkook sweetly asked if I was alright, I bluntly replied with the truth.

FLASHBACK
~(10 minutes ago)~

"Akari? Are you okay? You seem a little pale."

I was on my way to the bathroom when the question was poised to me. Bangtan had welcomed me into their hotel room, not even five minutes ago. But my uncomfortable pad had made me depart from the conversation that had started in the living room.

I quickly turn around, so I can reply. I was trying my best to move as fast as possible. So, of course, I ended up blurting out my real thoughts.

What I meant to say was entirely different from what came out of my mouth.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just need to use the bathroom real quick."

Somehow changed into,

"I'm bleeding and cramping, the only good thing about today is finally meeting you guys."

Then, I continued my walk to the bathroom to change. It didn't hit me until after I finished my "business" that I had said the complete opposite of what I meant to say.

(END OF FLASHBACK)
_________________________________

After the realization set in, I locked myself in the bathroom. Well, more like I sat on the toilet seat and had a small meltdown over what I had said.

Overreaction? Definitely. Hormone levels? Off the charts.

I didn't want the boys to think I was a bitch. I mean, I can be if I have to, but I'd like to think I was a pretty nice person to most people (excluding Assholes).