Chapter 8

~Jungkook's P.O.V~

It looked like scaring the employees paid off. I was now looking at all the new reports and I had already found a few good ones. Surprisingly, most of them were from junior employees.

"Sir, may I come in?" Mrs. Choi asked.

I nodded and she came in with a questioning look. I figured she was very nervous about the reports. She mustered up the courage and asked, "Did you find any good ones, sir?"

"Not just any, Mrs. Choi. Actually I liked quite a few. I must say, i'm impressed. But I think i'll go with this one, it seems interesting. I hope our investor, Mr. Kim Namjoon, will like it too," I replied giving her one of the files that I had chosen.

"I am very glad that you liked them. Everyone was quite nervous. I should tell them the good news," she said with a wide smile.

"And Mrs. Choi, the file that I chose, send the person to me who did it. We have to discuss about the presentation."

She nodded her head and walked out of my office.

~YN's P.O.V~

Why was there so many files to complete! Last night I couldn't sleep because of the new project report and now that it was finished, Yiren sent me all these. I felt like dying. If there wasn't bonus money on the new project report, I swear, I never would've put so much effort on it. But what was the point! There was a slight chance, that mine would get selected. Then all my efforts just got wasted. Ah! What was I thinking!

I was on the verge of going crazy, when Mrs. Choi walked in. She seemed very happy. I guessed we weren't getting  fired then. That rude, freaking boss of ours finally liked something!

"Guys, I have good news! Guess what! Boss is very much pleased with the reports. No one is getting fired," our head of the department said gaining lots of applaud.

I was leaving a sigh of relief when I realized that she was coming towards my desk.

"YN, this is your report right! This got selected for the presentation. Now go, he wants to meet you," she informed.

"Wh-what! Are you serious? I mean, wow!" I exclaimed being overjoyed. I almost cried.

I went into the elevator with my report on my hand. I was very happy and at the same time nervous as hell. What if I made a mistake and he fired me right away! No, no! Think positive, YN.

I got off on the 12th floor and went to his office. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. Upon hearing his confirmation, I went inside.

He was sitting on the couch which was on the right side of the room. He was busy typing something and without looking at me, told me to sit on the couch, the one in front of him.

He suddenly stopped typing and looked up. He opened his mouth to say something but closed them again after seeing me. We stayed like that for about one freaking minute! What was he thinking! I assumed he was disappointed seeing me as I didn't leave a very good first impression. I was caught badmouthing behind him that day.

Clearing his throat he started talking. "So, Miss Lee YN, I picked your report because it was quite interesting. Now all you have to do is make a presentation in front of our investors, just as I promised. I have made a few modifications to your ideas, they are all noted in this drive. The meeting with our investors is next week, so I give you four days. Complete it by then and show it to me. If I approve, only then you can proceed," he finished by giving me a pen drive.

"Thank you, sir, for this opportunity. I'll try my best," I said and left his office with a thumping heart.

I didn't know how I survived in there. He was so intimidating. My heart was beating so fast that I thought it would jump out of my chest. Was he really the one I slept and had a child with! Whatever, he didn't seem to recognize me!

~Jungkook's P.O.V~

When I looked at her, I had a strange feeling. The first two times(in front of the elevator and in the office with the kid) I had interacted with her, I didn't pay much attention. But now that she was sitting in front me, I just stared at her. She seemed somehow familiar.

'Did we meet before?'