Brooklyn

"Mom come on!"I yell from the suite door." Breakfast ends at 10!" It was 9:20 and I was STARVING!

My mom came rushing out of the bathroom trying to tame her wild hair.

I go over to my makeup bag and fish out a blue headband.

" Here."

"Thanks sweety"she says.

" Mom don't you think you could wear some other shoes that aren't slippers?"

"Brooklyn I am on vacation. And when i'm on vacation I plan to be as comfortable as I want at all times. That includes wearing these slippers wherever I want when ever I want."

I sigh and roll my eyes. " Okay mom whatever."

We walk out the room to the elevator. I push the button to the main lobby. We reach the lobby and we are immediately welcomed by the smell of hot waffles and syrup. I quickly walk over to get a plate and throw three chocolate chip waffles on it. Then I drizzle on some strawberry syrup. I turn around to sit with mom, but I bump into someone causing my waffles to slam into their ,of course, white shirt.

"FOREAL"!??! They yelled.

"Oh my gosh. I am so so sorry!" I apologize

I pick up a napkin and frantically try to dab the syrup off. I look up at the face of a nice looking guy and see the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. They were chestnut brown with a speck of gold. Who knows how long I was staring at him before I finally snapped out of my trance.

Oh my God I'm such an idiot! Say something to him!!!!

"Uh sorry" I say again.

"Its all good " He said smiling. " This shirt was a little tight anyway." Then he winks at me and takes his shirt off.

Keep your cool.  Keep. your. cool.

I felt like I was about to melt into a puddle. I clear my throat. "Well...I should probably clean up the rest of this mess. I'm sorry about your shirt again."

" Hey don't worry about it." He touched my arm reassuringly and then he slid passed me. I snook one last glane before I went to clean the mess.

Oh those back muscles. So delicious

I cleaned up everything off the floor and then decided to just grab some powdered donuts. Thought that would be a safer choice than waffles. By the time I sat down with my mom she had finished most of her food. I tried to keep a conversation with her, but I couldn't stop replaying what just happened in my head. I replayed it probably three times before my mom interrupted my thoughts.

"Brooklyn are you ok?" She asked with a concerned look on her face.

"Yea.....yea I'm good" I said

"Ok good. Anyway as I was saying I really want to get a massage. Then maybe we can hang at the pool and...."

I tuned her out and started to think about that guy again. His eyes they were just so pretty and those back muscles weren't so bad either, ha. I think I'll call him pretty eyes. I just have to see him again. He gave me this weird feeling in my stomach that I wanna feel again. I have a feeling that this vacation is about to become more than just a little get away!